How much for a Custom built .223 Rifle typically???

mike82

Just out of interest how would it normally cost for a .223 hunting (varmint) rifle if custom built typically/estimate?

Looking into a new .223 however I haven't seen anything that is jumping out - wondering whether it would be the way to go or whether it would be to expensive!

Mike

Just out of interest how would it normally cost for a .223 hunting (varmint) rifle if custom built typically/estimate?

Looking into a new .223 however I haven't seen anything that is jumping out - wondering whether it would be the way to go or whether it would be to expensive!

Mike

Good question but I`ll be surprised if you get a straightforward answer :)

If by 'custom' you include a custom made 'non factory' action, match quality barrel, premium stock, full bedding and maybe a mag conversion and some cerakote then you will be looking in the £3000-£5000 or more depending on final spec.

Custom actions are great if you have the money but a good quality factory action from the likes of Tikka or Sako and even Remington or Howa will make a very accurate rifle more than capable of very small groups for between £1750 and £2750, again dependent on final spec.

Ive posted these as ball park figures to answer your question, if you require any further information then best send me a PM.

If by 'custom' you include a custom made 'non factory' action, match quality barrel, premium stock, full bedding and maybe a mag conversion and some cerakote then you will be looking in the £3000-£5000 or more depending on final spec.

Yes, non factory action. Wooden stock, no cerakote just SS.

Archived