Tikka M558

Borisserge

I was over at the local rfd and spied a Tikka M558. TBH I have never heard of this model and on quick search through the old interweb there's not much.

Can anyone fill me in on this model?

Are triggers and stocks available (I'm sure one can be duplicated). Do any parts cross over from other models?

Thanks in advance. ...... :)

Seem to recall they have a sleeve arrangment at the rear of the bolt.

Can you expand on the "sleeve arrangement at the rear of the bolt". Is this a positive or something I should consider as to look out for. .....?

Can you expand on the "sleeve arrangement at the rear of the bolt". Is this a positive or something I should consider as to look out for. .....?

I think its a positive thing, it makes the bolt very smooth. The trigger is the common Tikka arrangement so responds well to a polish and the lighter pressure spring. Its chunky flat bottomed action which is a little more rounded on the top than the 590/595 but looks nice enough.

Stocks are interchangeable with the more common 590/595 series.

Ive not seen many, but recall there being a plastic sleeve at the rear of the action within wich the bolt (which was of smaller diameter than standard 595 marque) fits.

The bolt was smooth, it was on a second hand rifle - I didnt pay much more attention to it as I wasnt looking at buying it

Archived