thermal units

sussexsteve

I had the two on demo and the hd38 was considerably better! It had a bigger lens there for You could spot further, things were clearer better battery life (with a lithium pack) the new hd38s has auto refresh and it's cheeper!!! The flir was small handy and ergonomically very good but no where near as good optically. My vote would be with the pulsar!

I received my hd38s a couple of weeks ago, all I can say is that it is THE best night time equipment I have purchased.

Only problem you see so much that night vision just cannot see which is a bit frustrating.

Regarding battery life , I reckon I would get maybe 10 hours usage out of it on continuous .??

Regarding battery life , I reckon I would get maybe 10 hours usage out of it on continuous .??

Is that with a lithium battery pack or just the standard battery's?

That is with the standard 4 ansmann 2700mah AA batteries.

I have been out 3 times with the unit using it constantly for around 4 hours and according to the

battery display used around a quarter of the battery life.

Yes it does until it is calibrated.

I tried it on auto calibration but it was driving me nuts so always manually calibrate it when it needs it , just close the front

cap , push calibrate , wait for it to refresh the screen and then open the lens cap again. Takes a couple of seconds to do.

Thanks for that..... just had a fiddle and it seems best in the City/H (Semi-auto) at the moment but I have adjusted the Brightness/Contrast too.

Still getting a bit of the curtain effect but then that might improve outside and/or with turning it off to re-set the brightness/contrast settings.

Having a very quick go with it last night.. 4 pushbikers came past me last night and I could still see them as far out as it would take me ten minutes to walk. I also just managed to get a register of blobs of some rabbits or hares on stubble out around 450m with the contrast turned right down at one point.

Good stuff. Looking forward to 'learning' the best way forward with it.

Cheers

Fizz

I have the hd38 and find it hard to believe I managed without it I can now cover a large field in seconds and spot a lot more than my pvs14 can,it takes a little getting used to it but it's worth the effort,

Same here, but sometimes they are subject to atmospherics, but so is a lightforce lamp when its foggy and pissing down.

I received my hd38s a couple of weeks ago, all I can say is that it is THE best night time equipment I have purchased.

Only problem you see so much that night vision just cannot see which is a bit frustrating.

I SECOND this ,on the first night out with the hd38s we spotted a fox 3 fields away must have been between 5-600 yards away on an open field ,I gave one loud vixen call on the MP3 and we followed it in ,Amazing is the word to describe it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived