.17 hornet

bigdan too

just bought 175 rounds of .17 hornet from kent wool growers , it was all they had in stock. ive been waiting to pick up a savage model 25 laminated thumbhole stock .17 hornet for what at the moment, seems like 50 years !!! they had the ammo but no idea when the rifle will arrive !! aaagghh where are they ? whats the delay ? it seems like a daft way to launch a new product. does anyone else have one they are waiting for or actually have the mythical calibre

.17 Barrel arrived from Border today. Brass and dies in tomorrow, Anschutz .22 Hornet ready for rebirth to .17hornet. Might end up being the first non-wildcat semi custom one in the country!

.17 Barrel arrived from Border today. Brass and dies in tomorrow, Anschutz .22 Hornet ready for rebirth to .17hornet. Might end up being the first non-wildcat semi custom one in the country!

sounds like all you need now is a decent gunsmith!!!!! Haha :)

What sort of money is the factory ammunition? And if it is significantly cheaper than other centrefire ammo will it be cheaper to reload??

just bought 175 rounds of .17 hornet from kent wool growers , it was all they had in stock. ive been waiting to pick up a savage model 25 laminated thumbhole stock .17 hornet for what at the moment, seems like 50 years !!! they had the ammo but no idea when the rifle will arrive !! aaagghh where are they ? whats the delay ? it seems like a daft way to launch a new product. does anyone else have one they are waiting for or actually have the mythical calibre

Thats funny- because i have just bought a spare wheel for a ferrari-just in case i get one! ;)

Thats funny- because i have just bought a spare wheel for a ferrari-just in case i get one! ;)

there will undoubtedly be a dearth of factory ammo when the rifle arrives , so whats wrong with being prepared ? kwg phoned today to say they had two rifles just in but not my laminate thumbhole.!!! they reckon another three weeks, oh well ive waited this long.

there will undoubtedly be a dearth of factory ammo when the rifle arrives , so whats wrong with being prepared ? kwg phoned today to say they had two rifles just in but not my laminate thumbhole.!!! they reckon another three weeks, oh well ive waited this long.

i popped in to kwg this morning and saw adam,think he was talking about you waiting on the laminate thumbhole, he said he was gutted for you

Brass does also not seem to be available.

Found this on a US site:

http://cz-usa.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/cz-527-in-17-hornet-available-jan-2013.html

This suggests that a CZ527 in 17H will be here next spring.

A

Brass and dies are available, in stock in the UK, I bought 200 and 2 sets of dies three days ago

Brass and dies are available, in stock in the UK, I bought 200 and 2 sets of dies three days ago

Where?.

I am just having my 17AH rechambered to something similar to 17HH, among other things it might then feed. Would have preferred to use Hornady brass but had to settle for Winnie in the end.

A

Where?.

I am just having my 17AH rechambered to something similar to 17HH, among other things it might then feed. Would have preferred to use Hornady brass but had to settle for Winnie in the end.

A

Edgar brothers have them in stock. Or KWG in Handcross have 100 brass and 1 die set on the shelf.

• 2 months later...

Archived