.20 tac brass

247sniper

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get some .20 Tac brass from, Can’t seem to get any anywhere?!

cheers guys

Steve.

I have recently sent my 222rem for rebarreling for a 20Prac, I was going to go 20Tac but I was finding the brass hard to source too. I rand Brock and Norris who told me they had some on order.

Yes mate, he didnt have any???

Steve.

I would hurry up.

Midway says the Dakota arms headstamped lapua brass has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Ok thanks Baldie, i am trying, that could be why there is a shortage then? :wacko:

Any idears yourself?

Steve.

.???

Whats wrong with fire forming 223 brass? Always worked for me and the slightly refuced loads still shot well, it does not have 20 Tac on the head stamp but WTH!

Terry

.???

Whats wrong with fire forming 223 brass? Always worked for me and the slightly refuced loads still shot well, it does not have 20 Tac on the head stamp but WTH!

Terry

Fair point Terry, but when I got into 20Tac I weighed up the pros & cons. I decided that for the cost of a forming die I could buy getting on for 100 ready-made Dakota/Lapua cases, which would give me the best brass available and cut out some preliminary faffing around. I don't object in principle to forming (you wrote "fireforming" but that must be a typo since you can't squeeze .223 brass into a 20Tac chamber!) my own brass but to me it made financial and workflow sense to buy the Lapua stuff. If the latter really does dry up before I can get more, of course, I might have no choice but to DIY...

Regards, Tony

Archived