bait sensor

visiter1

Hi lads any one know where i could get a pir sensor to put on a bait station that would send a signal so i know theres a fox there to shoot with nigh vision ,?/ i hope im explaning it right

Looking at this myself; I was put onto this by Shuggy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIRELESS-PIR-MOTION-SENSOR-DRIVEWAY-GARAGE-SECURITY-INTRUDER-ALERT-ALARM-SYSTEM-/390885514422?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Supply_Security_Equipment_ET&hash=item5b02979cb6

Hi lads any one know where i could get a pir sensor to put on a bait station that would send a signal so i know theres a fox there to shoot with nigh vision ,?/ i hope im explaning it right

Hi Spypoint do a sensor and receiver unit, it works up to 1000ft the receiver vibrates, bleeps and flashes, but you can switch off the bleeper or use earphones, i have had one for a couple of years and it works very well. you can use up to 4 sensor units so can monitor several entry points etc, Uttings sell the unit.

OH sorry duplicating WSMs post, but i can vouch that they are very good.

Adrian

Hi Spypoint do a sensor and receiver unit, it works up to 1000ft the receiver vibrates, bleeps and flashes, but you can switch off the bleeper or use earphones, i have had one for a couple of years and it works very well. you can use up to 4 sensor units so can monitor several entry points etc, Uttings sell the unit.

OH sorry duplicating WSMs post, but i can vouch that they are very good.

Adrian

Me too, it's line of sight though, I use it mainly for very lamp shy fox's, even fox's that are very skittish with NV let alone a lamp . Don't forget to number them though if you intend to use more than 1, I've gone for the maximum without numbering them can be rather confusing.

I use a Friedman Spectra wirefree PIR sensor with a Libra door chime receiver for my winter foxing over bait. You can code them yourself and have as many sensors as you like to one receiver. The only negative that I have found is that there is no possibility to attach a headset or earpiece. The receiver has 2 levels of volume or a silent strobe flash. I use the strobe painted red and put on the floor of my hut so as not to spook the quarry. I have used this system for 8-10 years in temps down to -20c without problems. The units I have are 433mhz, the newer ones are 835 or so something in that region.

Archived