Short notice anyone fancy munty stalking in the morning???

Guest northernchris

Almost forgot.. Im in a Restricted zone due to F&M Restrictions so if i had shot anything it would have had to stay on the ground where it was shot..

Im not exactly the one to contravene any regulations :D . Maybe when the restictions are over eh Chrisp ;) I`ll make sure im not wearing any pants when we meet aswell :D;)

Nowt like a bit of swapping.. Intrested big boy ;)

010.jpg

hey vim

i think thats the one with my name branded on it, :o:o

and if you ask nicely i might pop down to sort him out,but you had best ask very nicely :(;)

ATB

Colin :D

hey Martyn

it would be totally wasted on me, and when you shoot a bad boy like that,then the fun starts, ;);)

You haven`t got a knife sharp enough to gralloch a beast like that Col especially if they`re all as blunt as the ones you tried to flog me the other day :D;):(

You haven`t got a knife sharp enough to gralloch a beast like that Col especially if they`re all as blunt as the ones you tried to flog me the other day ;):o;)

just for that wsm i will not be selling you one :( do you want to bet i could gralloch one with a spent 270 wsm case,or your tong ether would do,only your tong is sharper ;):D;)

Colin

just for that wsm i will not be selling you one :( do you want to bet i could gralloch one with a spent 270 wsm case,or your tong ether would do,only your tong is sharper ;);):D

Colin

Talking of sharp when you drill out the hole for your Lightforce remote make sure you use a sharp drill bit ;)

And remember don`t make the hole too big or you`ll be the only man in Nottingham with a 4x4 twin cab convertable ;)

I have seen a LOT of terrible jobs done when fitting a lamp so be careful col,perhaps funky or Chris could help you out then at least you can blame them if it all goes tits up :D

you know

i thought i was liked on hear :( how wrong can some one be :o:D

i would of blamed funky anyway as he has ordered the lamp,but it was WSM that came round my house and blatantly showed me 1/2 the kit i needed, then after i had cut a hole in my new trucks roof,said you can get some suction brackets and a bar that saves you cutting a hole in your roof ;);)

theres one born every day, so that makes me 2 years old ;);):o

Colin :D

you dont get to keep warm in the cab if you use a suction bracket as the window needs to be down,much better with the through the roof type of mount.Im sure you will knock your head a few times too when getting in the truck until you get used to it.

Guest Stringer
you dont get to keep warm in the cab if you use a suction bracket as the window needs to be down,much better with the through the roof type of mount.Im sure you will knock your head a few times too when getting in the truck until you get used to it.

Do you not have to open the window in order to take the shot? Or do you stand up and shoot out of the sun roof? ;)

Guest Stringer
just for that wsm i will not be selling you one ;) do you want to bet i could gralloch one with a spent 270 wsm case,or your tong ether would do,only your tong is sharper :lol::lol::lol:

Colin

Whats a tong?

He won`t bang his head on it Martyn because I`ve heard he drilled the hole too far back so now the handles in the back ;)

Just like too say thanks Chris, for allowing me out on the Muntys, as usual to bloomin cold for the buggers! ;)

Bet they were still tucked up in bed when we were there laying in the mud awaiting their rise, oh and quite possible their fall there after! :lol:

Next time.

Thanks again.

Do muntys "lie up" in cold weather?

Put it this way they werent playing this morning! :lol:

My guess is the rain the day before put them into feeding mode and they slept in (stayed in cover) until the sun came up. Damp cold morning this morning although ive had them on lovely frosty mornings mooching about. ;)

Kal

Guest Stringer

I thought the F&M movement restrictions were still in place there by making stalking a no go activity?

Especially now that there are also the Blue Tongue temporary surveillance areas.

"Bluetongue Temporary Area: The same movements as in the FMD Risk Zone will apply" As per the Defra advisory web site

Guest Stringer

It would appear that I was wrong :lol:

<Movement

On 25 September, two FMD risk areas - Risk Area and Low Risk Area and a Bluetongue Temporary Area were put in place. This is part of an integrated and risk based approach to deal with the current situation on FMD and Bluetongue and some easing of movement controls in the FMD Low Risk Area. Different movement controls apply in the FMD Risk Area and the Bluetongue Temporary Area. For information on movement in the Blue tongue area check the Blue tongue page.

How this effects deer

England and Wales

Stalking and shooting of deer is prohibited without a license granted by the Secretary of State:

* However the occupier of any land, members of his household, persons employed by him as beaters and any member of a shooting party of not more than 3 persons authorised by him may shoot deer on that land, without a license.

1. Treated and untreated carcases of deer killed for human consumption can be moved off the premises of origin for movement to the game larder and/or a Game Handling Establishment (GHE) and from any premises through the usual wholesale/retail premises as necessary to the end consumer. They may NOT be exported.

2. Farmed deer can be sent to approved slaughterhouses. Click here for details on approved slaughterhouses.

In the Protection Zone and the Surveillance Zone the movement of wild and farmed deer carcases for human consumption is prohibited.

3. Carcases not intended for human consumption or any part of that carcase (including trophies) cannot be moved off the premises of origin. We recommend that the viscera, head and feet of a healthy carcass (following the hunter's inspection) may be left at the point of shot, either on the surface or buried depending on what is appropriate in the area.>

http://www.bds.org.uk/foot_and_mouth_infomation.htm

Which is handy as I am planning on going stalking this weekend. ;)

Archived