How can you calculate the Velocity of your round

lancslad

All.

Is there anyway that you can calculate the velocity of your round without a chronograph.

223, 70 Grain speer soft point, 24gr Varget, 1 in 10 twist. CCI Primer, Lapua Brass.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Not to be snide, but how about your reloading manual?? Took me 3 seconds flat to find your load in the Lee Manual.~Andrew

Water capacity of case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ohh blimey..is that just as easy filling an empty case with water and measuring it...........

Im going to have to borrow a chorony.....

Anyone around wigan got one?

hi lancs lad i have a crono what you can borrow gunnery from wigan

Water capacity of case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ohh blimey..is that just as easy filling an empty case with water and measuring it...........

Im going to have to borrow a chorony.....

Anyone around wigan got one?

Ha Ha has that stumped you jon...keep telling you come out with me when im home and i will show you whats what for reloading...then you just might shoot past the 100 yds mark.. :lol:

Mick

Not to be snide, but how about your reloading manual?? Took me 3 seconds flat to find your load in the Lee Manual.~Andrew

Not got the lee manual mate.............Ive got the speer, but the calc aint in there,,,,got a near to, but not an exact.

Ha Ha has that stumped you jon...keep telling you come out with me when im home and i will show you whats what for reloading...then you just might shoot past the 100 yds mark.. :lol:

Mick

your always too busy lad........................

I just take a new load and shoot it out to 1000 yards. Then I use a ballistic program of demonstrated accuracy to back out the muzzle velocity. I have a chrono, but I trust the bullet more than the chronograph.

I do use the chronograph for testing the variation of the muzzle velocity with temperature.

Archived