6mm PPC brass annealing required

Zaitsev

Hi all, would anyone who has an annealing machine be willing to anneal me a load of 6ppc brass for swaps/lucre/beers etc? I have around 200 pieces that need doing and no annealing kit. .220 russian is getting a bit pricey to buy new which is what I have done in the past.

Anyone so inclined?

Regards

Gareth

Z'

If no one gets back to you, let me know and I'll do it for you by hand when I'm next down country.

ATB.

D.

if youwant to post hem ill do them for you no probs

Z'

If no one gets back to you, let me know and I'll do it for you by hand when I'm next down country.

ATB.

D.

if youwant to post hem ill do them for you no probs

double post forum is being quirky tonite

I no longer bother, I get plenty of reloads out of my different cases and then replace them, an effect not mentioned is that the primer hole erodes with every firing and so gets bigger, so that after the between 10 and 20 reloadings my cases do depending on the cal, they have changed quite a lot. It is just another variable you dont want when chasing accuracy. Another thing is that in talking about consistency, all your cases have to be the same, and apart from the video of the guy selling the tipping tube who uses tempilac indicator, no one seems to bother how much or little they are actually annealing ( means softening) the case neck.

To really get near the factory process, you have to have a method which is repeatable on every case to within a few degrees and a method of then testing the actual hardness of the brass before and after. I used to have the facility to do this ( Vickers and Rockwell testers) and found the various hand methods gave widely varying results, usually too soft. I made a machine for doing it and it worked and was much more consistent, but you still had to find the settings that gave the right hardness as the end result. It was really just a waste of time and money and far too involved for doing the odd fifty or hundred cases now and again. I no longer have access to a full engineering laboratory and tool room either , so I know how long the different cases last until they start to drop off and then bring out and prep another twenty or fifty cases. My time is better spent shooting than setting up to do what is largely unneccessary for tha vast majority of calibers, wildcats and such as the little hornet are a possible exception.

Redfox

Archived