anyone fancy driven boar in Scotland

I have been offered a day driven boar shooting in the south west of Scotland,I have been guaranteed 30 to 50 pigs for the day with no trophy fee for a team of 12 guns,the shoot will take place in a 1000 acre forest

the price will be £500 per gun Saturday January 5th,I will need a £250 depo and the rest payable on the day

Guest northernchris

6.5 with 160 gr Round nose plenty for pig mate,i shot a load of escapes from a farm years ago with the old .243 and 100 gr Norma factory the most any went was no more than 20-30 feet.But hay what the F++K would i know. ;)

I would prefer to pay by the head as per stalking/game shooting NOT per day.

hi Ian

this is from defra web site

There are no specific legal restrictions governing how wild boar can be controlled. Live-catch cage traps are sometimes used to capture wild boar for research or control purposes. However, the general protection against cruelty afforded by the Protection of Animals Acts 1911-1927 and the Wild Mammals (Protection) Act 1996 apply. In addition, wild boar are potentially dangerous and difficult to deal with at close quarters so live-trapping is only likely to be appropriate where experienced and trained personnel are involved

Police Firearms Licensing Branches require that wild boar are specifically listed on an individual's firearms certificate (FAC) before they may use a rifle to shoot wild boar. They do not consider the term "other vermin", which often appears on FACs to permit the culling of species such as foxes, to include wild boar. The most suitable type of firearm for shooting wild boar is a centre-fire rifle comparable with those permitted for deer culling under the Deer Act 1991. However, the minimum calibre permitted for deer is widely considered to be inadequate to ensure a clean kill for wild boar. Police guidance suggests a minimum calibre of .270 Winchester, or its metric equivalent (see Home Office; Firearms Law: Guidance to the Police, 2002) and a FAC will normally only be endorsed for shooting of wild boar if the rifle held is of .270 calibre or larger. Wild boar will normally only be added to a FAC if the holder has authority to shoot on land within an area known to have wild boar present.

Should I report sightings of wild boar?

ATB

colin :blink:

Interesting,so everybody got wildboar on their ticket then ;)

i haven't got deer on my ticket,

thats y i don't shoot many :blink::blink::huh::lol::lol:

that and I'm a crap shot :lol::lol::lol:

ATB

Colin :D

Archived