F class League shoot Bisley

A superb weekend making new friends and catching up with some old ones.

The weather was hot and sunny with a very tricky strong switching wind which made shooting at 1100 and 1200 very interesting.

Sunday was better the wind was stronger but at least it blew in a more constant direction.

It was good to meet Andy (Ronin) finnally after many years on this forum it was great to put a face to the name.

Also congratulations Ian (Elwood) on a superb 6th place in Open class and a few more league points in the bag.

It was my first league shoot due to work commitments but was chuffed to take 9th place in the F/Tr class with my .308.

A great weekend and well recommended to any budding F class shooters. You can be sure of a warm reception and plenty of help and advice.

Shame I can't make Blair but will be at Diggle in September.

Cheers

Dave

Was an eventful two days.

Shooting at 1100 and 1200 was more than interesting ;) and pretty satisfying, using Brown Dogs cards got me on the correct elevation for Bull first round at both distances.

Let myself down on the final shoot partnered with Ian - made two bad wind calls that cost points in this match.

Managed 14th place, happy enough with that as most of the UK team were playing here.

Good to meet you too Dave, would have been nice to have had a beer and talk more,

I think Ian is going to be a strong contendor - he's certainly competative enough :D

See you at Diggle (and those going to Blair)

For anyone sitting on the fence thinking, shall I , shan't I, give it a go, its a fun, friendly and frustrating sport ;):D

Another great weekend and sadly my last for this year except for the European team shoot, but work comes first.

This was my most consistent league shoot so far and it is becoming quite apparent that it is all about consistency.

I can only echo what Dave has already said if anyone is thinking about dabbling in F class give it a go, everyone will help you, there are no secrets kept and even rivals help one another, although I must admit I thought Andy was abit out of order when I was taking a crucial shot when suddenly he pointed to the sky and shouted "oh look an eagle" ;):D

Great going you guys , would love to have a plink at that one day, ;)

So whats the name of the team Ian , Dave did tell me one suggestion but I think you may shy away from that one ;):D

Great going you guys , would love to have a plink at that one day, ;)

So whats the name of the team Ian , Dave did tell me one suggestion but I think you may shy away from that one ;):D

I think we will shy away from Daves suggested name, I believe we settled on Team Message Four, which in target shooting land means please check the target.

Or maybe we should be named V1 because V5 wont be happening very often.

Any other suggestions, baring in mind they must clean as it will probably be printed on a Tshirt.

sounds like fun lads

if a i could hack the driving it wold be good to have a go altho ive not really got the tools for the job :)

out of intrest t oyou need to be a member of a club to be able to have go?

no idea how it works :blush:

cheers Andy

Archived