New stock for my Remy 700 custom

Guest varmartin

Guest varmartin

As some of you may have seen before, I recently painted my VLS rem 700 stock in camo colours.

Well now i have sat it in a new Choate stock( The ultimate sniper), picked up from the MGF on Sat for £130.

I have liked the look of this stock for some time and read a lot of reviews about it, and mostly they have been a mixed bag.

As it will be used off the bipod for long range varminting i am hoping it will be fine for the job...time will tell.

Martin

resizewizard1yt4.jpg

Martin

Sorry to have to say this..................................... but that is one ugly bit of plastic!

I'm not that au fait with synthetic stocks but £130 seem a lot of money for such an item.

You obviously like it and feel that £130 was a steal which is all that counts at the end of the day. :rolleyes:

Guest 308Panther

I am willing to bet you set a new worlds record strippin the old

stock off and mounting the new one.... <_<

35 seconds tops...and that includes lookin for tools.

I hear that once set up for you...and you only, they are

an extremly comfortable stock to shoot/use.

Tho a touch heavy...but that isnt always a bad thing either.

Looks good to me.

308Panther

Martin

Sorry to have to say this..................................... but that is one ugly bit of plastic!

I'm not that au fait with synthetic stocks but £130 seem a lot of money for such an item.

You obviously like it and feel that £130 was a steal which is all that counts at the end of the day. :o

<_<:(:(

They arent the prettiest of stocks, but i tell you what, get down behind one prone, and you realise the designer was a genius, those stocks dont move anywhere, and have a whole host of excellent features. Handsome is , as handsome does in my opinion, and that was a bargain price buddy. Who was selling them?

Calling a mans gun ugly is like saying the same about his wife, something you dont do in my book :o

Ian.

Ian

I've not seen Martins wife to be able to comment :(

But I'm sure she is very striking. <_<

Guest varmartin

Hoot......you are correct in the fact that it is ugly.....It is all so very `attractive` for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

308Panther....the action was in the stock in about 30 sec`s, but out even faster as i had to open up the barrel channel to allow it to free float. I may even synthetic bed the action and the chamber area of the barrel too, not that it needs it as the fit is very good in the solid alloy `V` bed chassis system incorporated in the stock.

Col48.... <_<:o:( back at ya.

baldie....Got it from Rifle craft, brand new.

Martin

Hoot......you are correct in fact it is ugly.....It is all so very `attractive` for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

308Panther....the action was in the stock in about 30 sec`s, but out even faster as i had to open up the barrel channel to allow it to free float. I may even synthetic bed the action and the chamber area of the barrel too, not that it needs it as the fit is very good in the solid alloy `V` bed chassis system incorporated in the stock.

Col48.... <_<:(:( back at ya.

baldie....Got it from Rifle craft, brand new.

Martin

hi -

i would not dream of calling someone else's boom stick,and i look forward to seeing this puppy shoot.

i personally don't like military rifles but i would never call them,variety is the spice of life.

get it in that stock properly and lets see it do the do.

ATB

Colin :o

• 3 months later...
Guest varmartin

My Custom rem 700 ,Kreiger barrel 6mmBR with jewell trigger and Loop 6.5-20x 50.

OK...I have got used to the new stock now and shot a few groups with it.

It shot very well before, but feel it now shoots better and is also more stable off a bench or prone and off a bonnet.

Below are some before and after groups...

Oh Yeh....and the coin is to keep in the spirit of current trends :D

With standard VLS stock.

resizewizard2targetrm4.jpg

In new Plaster Sniper Stock.

resizewizard3targetwm5.jpg

Martin

nice shooting there mate, fu..em all remmy's rule full stop, dont care what all the girls with the big balck guns think, it does what it says on the tin rgds dave. :D:lol:

Very nice martin shes a shooter, maybe we should change the "tackdriver" phrase to "penny driver", nah doesnt really have the same ring too it.

Nice one martin!!!!

Seen one in the diggle last year?? and i for one liked what i saw???

As baldie said!!, they are functional And like any new girl,, loveley to get from behind,,,, Sorry i mean shoot a good load behind??

I will start again!!!! Acurate rifle, good load, and a nice stock????

You get what i mean??

F2n

Archived