Another night after fox

Barrelsniffer

Went back out to wales the other night to get the last 2 remaining cubs.and the vixen if seen.

Arrived at the area just as it got dark with a few dead rabbits and my foxpro scorpion ( what a piece of kit )

When we arrived we could hear 2 cubs barking to each other one was in the den area and the other was across a valley and the main rd.

Set up the rabbits and caller about 100 yds from the den area then we med to a elevated position 200 yds away and sat and waited.

After 1 hr we spotted the 1st cub from the undergrowth resting the rifle on the 4x4 roof i took the shot and a good hit at 173 yds...left the cub in situ...and carried on calling.

1 and half hrs later we see the 2nd cub finally come out a bit higher up the hill and again was a easy shot taken at 207 yds.

We then waited another hr before moving to a oth location then the rains started and the mist/fog closed in then putting range to no more than 50 yds we waited till 2 in morn but wasnt clearing so decided to pack up.

While at home i had 2 dogs and 4 cubs from the den NO sign of any vixen so presume its more than likely been taken care off by another shooter.

The chicken farmer was well made up.

DSC05163.jpg

Mick

Archived