A Day With 6mmBR

nemasis243

Well I must thank Dave for inviting me up shooting yesterday , we had some clips of video footage which we wanted to mess about with as we have nearly completed the DVD ( at last ,lol ) we have both been so busy that it took a back burner for a while but we are getting very close to completion now.

Anyhow I had to zero in my 6.5x284 with a new scope ,a PM2 12x50x56 , I must confess the rifle has been sold to a very good friend of mine who asked me to set it up and zero and fire a few shots through it ,so we did just that.

We went out to a spot where we have shot a few times before and it wasnt long before we were taking a few bunnies out at around 400-450yrds , hit ratio was very good out of 16 kills we missed 2 between us so we were having fun considering the stiff wind that kept changing direction.

Dave was shooting his 6mmhot and I had my 243 , I then took out the 6.5x284 ,Dave found a bunny way off in the distance and gave me a range ,I dialled the scope and turned the mag up to 40 and when I was given the ok by Dave I squeezed off a round .

All I saw was a spray of blood and steam comming from a rock that was behind the rabbit , there was a piece of fur left but nothing else,it had evaporated ,

I have seen a few things when I have been shooting but this was a new one on me at that distance Dave did comment but I cant write that on here ,lol.

We then went on to bag a few more bunnys and crows before calling it a night ,but I must thank Dave for a cracking stress free afternoon .

cheers Andy

Sorry theres no pictures guys ,but I think Dave mite have a bit of video footage he mite stick on here.

Thanks Andy, it was a great day chilling out and some good shooting aswell.

Shame you had to shoot those 2 myxi rabbits on the way up, I hope it doesn't end up killing off the bunnies in the area, something we'll have to keep an eye on.

I wish that fox had stopped long enough to make friends with a 140 gn A max.

As usual great company and hopefully when the Imperial meet is over and my locum work ends we will have more time to play.

I am still going through the footage so will sort something out.

Cheers

Dave

Archived