Had a play at the range today

Well it was the open day of the GGC range today. I had a play with some fun toys, a Blaser LS2 .338 Lap and a PGW Coyote in .308. I have to say the .338 was a treat with the mod on it, although I was a little disappointed with the trigger. In fact, same grumble with the Coyote too. The trigger pull was awful!

Do you think they were heavied up because it was an open day for amateurs? I hated both triggers to the point that all my factory rifles apart from my CZ452 have nicer pulls! These are expensive rifles and I have to say I expected better!

It was a great day though with lots of stuff on show. I'm glad I went for a look around and I did my bit for H4H at the burger van! :rolleyes:

Well it was the open day of the GGC range today. I had a play with some fun toys, a Blaser LS2 .338 Lap and a PGW Coyote in .308. I have to say the .338 was a treat with the mod on it, although I was a little disappointed with the trigger. In fact, same grumble with the Coyote too. The trigger pull was awful!

Do you think they were heavied up because it was an open day for amateurs? I hated both triggers to the point that all my factory rifles apart from my CZ452 have nicer pulls! These are expensive rifles and I have to say I expected better!

It was a great day though with lots of stuff on show. I'm glad I went for a look around and I did my bit for H4H at the burger van! :rolleyes:

Probably the triggers were heavied up to be newbie proof ??

I have a LRS2 Blaser and it has one of the best triggers I have come across

Gary

Cannot say ive ever shot a Blaser with a dud trigger (and ive shot a few R93's before) and own a Tac 2 in 308.

One of the sweetest triggers on a factory rifle and very ajustable...

PGW takes Rem hook up triggers - suggest both were fiddled with and not ajusted properly - or made deliberately heavy although for what goal>?

PGW takes Rem hook up triggers - suggest both were fiddled with and not ajusted properly - or made deliberately heavy although for what goal>?

Exactly, for what goal?

Back at the turn of the century (that sounds old doesnt it?) i owned a beautiful reproduction sharps long range creedmoor rifle which always attracted a lot of attemtion at the range, so much so that there was a steady trickle of people who asked for a go.

This rifle had double set triggers that when set would go off if you coughed hard enough.

I went through the half cock, load, full cock, set and trigger release three to five times with each shooter before i put a live round in.

All were very surprised at how light it was and several blundered in but after trying it empty first

none had any problem shooting this rifle.

Ian.

Archived