22/250 load for rem vssf II

Tikka2506

Anyone got a good recipe for 50gr/55gr bullet using varget powder, tried a few loads but group rubbish. The load I used in my old T3 was even crap and that use to shoot 3/4" or less at 100yds. Getting hacked off now :wacko: , so I bought 100 rem 55gr psp factory rounds grouping great. Does anyone know what the rem factory ammo is? Powder etc?

Stick at it, it'll just be a matter of changing some variables, one at a time, and you'll find one that works.

As long as your brass prep is good and you're in the reasonable charge range (say a 1-1.5grs under max), try varying the seating depth. Have you got a Stoney Point gauge or similar to determine throat position?

Chris-NZ

Agree with Chris, I have the REM vssf which is in essence identical. I have used 35.6gr Varget under 55gr Vmax and it will group into less than 0.5" easily at 100yds, the seating depth is .025" off the lands, rem case Fed 210M match primer. I have used this load for ten years now, only hiccup was when a few yrs back there was a dodgy batch of Varget. Benchmark is very similar in performance and also H380, I dont however use the max loads of any of these in the interests of barrel life and there are no significant gains in using max either.

Redfox

Chris-NZ I made a throat depth gauge, will keep at though! It gets so frustrating when facrory ammo shoots better than home loads. Load my own 25/06 and 7mm rem mag with no probs, but this one!!!!!

35.5 grains of varget for me with fed primers, 50 grain vmax or 50 grain blizking i found mine shoots better with bullet sat pretty far from the lands. but your have to see whats best in yours.

as the guys said get a guage mesure your chamber and then make some up at different col see which suites the best.

Archived