Stock from US

Ronin

Gents

I am planning a er,,, another build, this time using a rather special stock from a very small company in the US, so small in fact, they have never sent anything outside continental US.

I buy alot of stocks for builds I do (Mcmillan, Manners, Robertson), but have stopped buying them direct as its cheaper and easier to buy from various sources in the UK.

The question is;

Do I need an export licence for a stock from the US, if so, whom do I need to contact to arrange the legal side of things (DSP 99 form)

Technically "Yes" Andy. Its classed as a gun part, and will be over 100 dollars in value. The manufacturer must be on the government list of exporters too, otherwise they commit a federal offense.

Having said all that....Mcmillan export every day without license. Supplying the american govt with stocks quite probarbly has something to do with that. :angry:

If you ring Roger on his mobile, he will tell you what licenses you need, and where to get them.

Cheers Dave, I am away later so will delay calling Roger about it.

Catch up in a couple of weeks, when I will have a tan and smell of garlic :angry:

Archived