17 fireball

247sniper

I meant to ask dave what twist your barrel was for that 22-250 ackley, like Ian has said I am looking at an ultra long range rig designed around the 90 grain bergers. Having had load data sent to me by Walt it is interesting to hear what you have to say. He recomended a 1 in 7 twist, I get the feeling it may need to be a bit slower than that say 1 in 7.5. Your looking at an average velocity increase of around 100 to 200 fps over the standard 22-250. More research needs to be undertaken me thinks.

The nosler is a quid a case Ian. I seriously doubt the lapua being any cheaper. Lapua have a nasty habit of screwing the customer when they bring out a new case....look at the 6.5x47. There is no reason on God,s green earth why it should still cost £95 a hundred, after all they must have sold....but it does.

Hi Garyw

There is a long thread on Saubier dot com about 25Vms not shooting well in various 17s. They seem OK in my Pacnor barrel which is a 1 in 9 twist.

yes been onto a few good men on saubier about the 25vmax why they dont shoot is anyones guess.i am not giving up yet! i have a few :rolleyes: so i will try for a decent load i used them in my savage build 17fb and they were outstanding the cooper bbl is a 1-10 so they will fly-the 25 bergers i have are showing good accuracy with mild loads -thats the fun though working things out -costing time and money-did i say fun?

Excellnt thanks guys,

Thanks for you help, advise and support.

Just need to do a spot of thinking now :angry:

Good luck with it sniper, this thread got some what hijacked many apologies.

LOL, ;)

not a problem my friend, thanks again :blink:

Archived