Foot and mouth disease

The BBC have just confirmed that a new outbreak of F&M has occured this morning about 30 miles from the old outbreaks in Surrey. No doubt all the old movement and stalking restrictions that were in place a few weeks ago will come back into place with immediate effect.

A

National ban on animal movement now in place so thats ruled out stalking for a while again ;)

Sky News is reporting of tests on an unwell animal in Lanark market.Lets hope that this turns out to be a false alarm or this could be national within a matter of days ;)

If the case in Lanarkshire is confirmed and now another in Norfolk are confirmed it becomes a much more serious scenario than if it were just a case in surrey which is a stones throw from the original outbreak in August

Its a matter of personal choice whether to attend the game fair but when the last major outbreak took place I remember the CLA taking place without any decrease in attendance numbers even though it was moved from Woburn at the last minute to protect the deer herds on the Abbey

Good news that Lanarkshire has been given the all clear ;)

The new confirmed outbreak in Surrey is only 10 miles from the research centre that was at the centre of suspicion in the original August case ;)

Now call me suspicious but it seems to be that someone somewhere has jumped the gun with giving this area the all clear ;)

If the case in Lanarkshire is confirmed and now another in Norfolk are confirmed it becomes a much more serious scenario than if it were just a case in surrey which is a stones throw from the original outbreak in August

Its a matter of personal choice whether to attend the game fair but when the last major outbreak took place I remember the CLA taking place without any decrease in attendance numbers even though it was moved from Woburn at the last minute to protect the deer herds on the Abbey

That was fairly close to me and at the time we were clear of the disease in the area although there was a flock of sheep destroyed in Northampton as a few of them had been in the same market as one of the infected animals. It was a good show at the alt venue, thats probably the last time I got to the CLA.

Just have to see how it pans out between now and saturday.

A

Archived