PANTHER HIGHSEAT

HAS ANYBODY OWNED OR HAVE USED A FOLDING PORTABLE HIGH SEAT AND WHAT DID THEY THINK OF THEM E.G BEING MADE OF ALLY DO THEY CREAK WHEN YOU MOVE AND CAN YOU HOLD THE RIFLE STEADY AS THE RESTS DONT LOOK AS IF THEY HAVE MUCH SUPPORT.

HAS ANYBODY OWNED OR HAVE USED A FOLDING PORTABLE HIGH SEAT AND WHAT DID THEY THINK OF THEM E.G BEING MADE OF ALLY DO THEY CREAK WHEN YOU MOVE AND CAN YOU HOLD THE RIFLE STEADY AS THE RESTS DONT LOOK AS IF THEY HAVE MUCH SUPPORT.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2540

I had a rail bracket crack recently (wintered outside & a sun / frost effect I reckon) anyway Bushwear sent the part next day & back up and running in no time.

The rail is ok, the seat is the weakest part - cable ties or replacement jobbie.

Cheers

AndyCM

I had a rail bracket crack recently (wintered outside & a sun / frost effect I reckon) anyway Bushwear sent the part next day & back up and running in no time.

The rail is ok, the seat is the weakest part - cable ties or replacement jobbie.

Cheers

AndyCM

ANDY many thanks for the info

Hi Bigdog

I had a folding high seat I think it was from Ultimate high seats, a bit noisy when opening it up, but once unfolded it was alright; I found the shooting rail a bit wobbly. But for sheer convenience and lack of weight it took some beating.

Would fit into the boot of car, and was very handy for moving around different locations

And if my memory serves me well, it was quite reasonably priced. PS should have stated that the ladder system seems to be the same with most folding high seats.

Hope this helps, Bob

Hi Bigdog

I had a folding high seat I think it was from Ultimate high seats, a bit noisy when opening it up, but once unfolded it was alright; I found the shooting rail a bit wobbly. But for sheer convenience and lack of weight it took some beating.

Would fit into the boot of car, and was very handy for moving around different locations

And if my memory serves me well, it was quite reasonably priced. PS should have stated that the ladder system seems to be the same with most folding high seats.

Hope this helps, Bob

thanks bob its good to hear from people who have used them

Cheers

AndyCM

I have a folding ladder very similar - does anyone just do the top seat/rail bit only that I could then add on to this existing ladder?

Hi, I have a couple of them in use and yes they do creak and can be a little on the noisy side when getting in, wouldnt us e them if your going to unfold them then sit and wait as to noisy but quite handy to put in a different area for short periods of time, say put them up in the morning for a sit in the evening. shooting rail is not the best for stabilty and its not the best for shooing of the side of the bar as its not fitted wide enough to allow a great shooting platform. be carefull when tightening the brackets on the bar as to much force will crack the plastic. all i all handy but build a wood one if your going to be using it on a regular basis.

just made two from ladders given to me ,rock steady but weigh a ton just needed something quick and portable for the odd emergency saw the panther and thought it might do the job , thanks again for the info cloverleaf

Archived