.308Win with N140 and 168grAMax

Foxshooter

I have a newly rebarrelled toy I'd like to take to the range tomorrow and shoot in/zero

I have been recommended N140 for the 168gr AMax but Hornady dont list it. Nosler give an accuracy load of 40.5gr which is well below max so if nothing better is suggested that wil be my starting point

Rem 700, Shilen super select match barrel, 5 contour, shillen trigger marinetex bedded in a H&S precision stock

any suggestions?

Mark

From Lapua charts it gives for N140/.308 Win for a 168g HBPT Sierra 36.3g to a max of 42.8 - 24 inch test barrel with 1 in 12 twist. FPS ranges from 2247 to 2558.

hope this helps

Tony

I shoot 165gr gamekings with N140 at 44gr which runs t about 2620fps out of a remmy 700 with a 21" barrell

this load is just touching on been too hot so would recomend you start at about 40-41gr of powder and the extra barrell length you hve will give a better FPS for less powder than me

when i work at it i can get this load to cloverleaf at 100 yards and still be inside 2" at 300yds which is more than good enough for bambi :ph34r:

ian

42 grains of 140 with this bullet mate very very accurate in mine , 308 20" barrel

I have a newly rebarrelled toy I'd like to take to the range tomorrow and shoot in/zero

I have been recommended N140 for the 168gr AMax but Hornady dont list it. Nosler give an accuracy load of 40.5gr which is well below max so if nothing better is suggested that wil be my starting point

Rem 700, Shilen super select match barrel, 5 contour, shillen trigger marinetex bedded in a H&S precision stock

any suggestions?

Mark

Archived