NEW FOX SHOOTING VIDEO

sir-slots-alot

Ok Chaps.

A bit of back ground before the vid.

I got a call from a farmer who was having some serious trouble with a wiley old fox.

Now normally at this time of year I dont shoot charlie.

I am lucky to have the option , as alot of the land I shoot over is ariable land , where they cause little trouble. So where I dont have to shoot them , I prefer to allow them to breed in peace. ( just my personnal view ).

However this fox , had aquired a taste for ducklings and had visited the farm pond and proceeded to mop up most of the baby duckies. The farmer recons that at least 12 succulent ducklings have been gobbled up within the last week.

It had to go . .. no time for sentiment

using a few chopped up rabbits , I baited an area where foxy had been seen in the day time.

Then retreated to a loverly vantage point about 160 yards away , to wait for chaz to put in an apperance.

About 45 mins had past ... rabbits , crows and magpies where everywhere all within range of my 17 Rem Tikka 595.

I was very tempted to touch off at a magpie that landed 80 yrds away ..... very tempted. :rolleyes: but resisted

Anyway our wiley red friend finally appeared , a 100 yards further out than I had baited. - there was a fair cross wind , which would definately move the tiny 25 grain Vmax pill at that range.

I sat the Zeiss cross hairs about 3 inches in front of its front leg and allowed for a couple inches for the drop of the bullet.

Hope you enjoy. ... watch in full screen mode and HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTs80RUPpU4

ATB

Alan

Ok Chaps.

A bit of back ground before the vid.

I got a call from a farmer who was having some serious trouble with a wiley old fox.

Now normally at this time of year I dont shoot charlie.

I am lucky to have the option , as alot of the land I shoot over is ariable land , where they cause little trouble. So where I dont have to shoot them , I prefer to allow them to breed in peace. ( just my personnal view ).

However this fox , had aquired a taste for ducklings and had visited the farm pond and proceeded to mop up most of the baby duckies. The farmer recons that at least 12 succulent ducklings have been gobbled up within the last week.

It had to go . .. no time for sentiment

using a few chopped up rabbits , I baited an area where foxy had been seen in the day time.

Then retreated to a loverly vantage point about 160 yards away , to wait for chaz to put in an apperance.

About 45 mins had past ... rabbits , crows and magpies where everywhere all within range of my 17 Rem Tikka 595.

I was very tempted to touch off at a magpie that landed 80 yrds away ..... very tempted. :rolleyes: but resisted

Anyway our wiley red friend finally appeared , a 100 yards further out than I had baited. - there was a fair cross wind , which would definately move the tiny 25 grain Vmax pill at that range.

I sat the Zeiss cross hairs about 3 inches in front of its front leg and allowed for a couple inches for the drop of the bullet.

Hope you enjoy. ... watch in full screen mode and HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTs80RUPpU4

ATB

Alan

well done that man-good to see im not the only one that believes in the small calibres[well i know there are a fair few converts out there]what powder did you use for that one Alan.

i will send you some load data tonight.

gary

well done that man-good to see im not the only one that believes in the small calibres[well i know there are a fair few converts out there]what powder did you use for that one Alan.

i will send you some load data tonight.

gary

Cheers Gaz.

Using 24.2 grains of Varget

I had been hitting egg sized rocks which I had lined up at 250 yrds .. so when this fox appeared at 266 yards away I knew it was in for an early bath.

Thanks for the comments chaps

ATB

Alan

Archived