Flash eliminators anybody?

Hi all,

I am working on a Quick Detach system for weapons with flash hiders, eliminators and muzzle breaks, and would like to know if anybody here uses any of these types. I have recently seen a picture of Robert Bucknell shooting a rifle with a Smiths Enterprises Inc. Vortex flash eliminator and that left me wondering how many sport shooters out there actually use them.

The Vortex is a fantastic device that almost eliminates flash even to IR devices, so it is used by the top armed forces and special forces of a few countries.

Look forward to your input.

Regards,

George

Dont see the need for a eliminator , bit different when your out shooting at people and your getting loads of rounds down and need to be a bit sneaky.

But sport shooting, bang, its dead, and everything else runs off from the noise of the shot, not worrying about a flash from the muzzle. Give me a SILENCER and Ill be happy, something that goes PHHHFFFTT. Like a SBD fart.........

As a gauge Deerman, and purely from personal experience, i remember us selling two mods in the last five years to users of m16 flash hiders on ar15,s . ASE make one that slots over them, and have a q/d fitting.

I would say there are quite a few people would like to use them on the AW system however.

There are several schools of thought that believe, and have actually trialled/produced moderator systems that incorporate a muzzle brake. They seem to be more effective than a standard moderator.

Can't see any civvy application for a flash eliminator other than to look tacticool on the end of the rifle.

There are several schools of thought that believe, and have actually trialled/produced moderator systems that incorporate a muzzle brake. They seem to be more effective than a standard moderator.

Just working as extra baffles I would have thought?

I believe surefire also produce qd suppressors of this type

I agree that for sport use flash is not too much of a problem, but amazingly most people who contact me ask about moderators flash suppression, so based on that I believe that is a consideration that people will have when looking for a moderator.

We have a design that incorporates a muzzle break for larger calibres (.338LM and .50 BMG) , but this does add to the overall length and I think that stalkers want as short as possible and for the calibres that are used by the majority of sport shooters recoil is bearable and not too much of an issue.

The QSUK Patent Pending QD system fits to the A1, A2 and Vortex flash hiders/eliminators with minor adjustments.

Best,

George

Archived