Primer`s

foxwhistler

I`ve almost run out of BR4 primers but know that a local shop has got some remi 7 1/2`s.

My question is that although i realise that i will have to drop my loads 10% and work back up, how much difference is there between these two primers as far as accuracy and velocity goes?

Jamie.

You'll probably find there's not that much difference in performance unless the load is finicky and needed real fine-tuning to get where you were with the BR4s.

I wouldn't go down 10% just for a primer change, except in one set of circumstances - that is if you're running really hot and on the edge of serious primer flattening / cratering / other nasties. Normally going down half a grain for a small cartridge, full-grain for 308W size and up is enough.

What you will find is that the Rem BR has a softer cup than the BR4 - hence the matter of dropping charge weights a fair bit if the BR4s are just coping.

using br4 primers then switching to federal did not give me any noticable differance with my 6br out to 200yds.i have found that varget is more primer fussy when used in my .17 rem why i dont know maybe LAURIE will explain.

Archived