EGG SHOT AT 500 YARDS - VIDEO

sir-slots-alot

Hi chaps.

Had a bit of fun today with my old faithfull 223.

Took advantage of the light winds to push the accuracy rifle and myself.

The little cal never stops amazing me - and I have owned one for 17 years.

Anyway , no more waffling ... hope you enjoy

Watch on big screen mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc_iD7CooO0

ATB

Alan

Brilliant shooting Alan.. Would you care to share the magic load recipe ? A-max's by any chance???? :)

Grant..

Hi Grant.

Not using A max in this video

I use a 60 grn Sierra Varminter bullet ( 1375's ) -- 25 grns Vit N133 -- Fed 205's ----- Lap brass.

Cheers for the comments

All the best

Alan

Well i am suprised. I've been using that little Sierra flat base for a long time now but never beyond 300 yards.. It's the heaviest bullet i can use in my 1 in 12".

I had no idea it would work so well out to 500 yards.. I've been driving it with 24 grns of Varget with excellent results for awhile now though recently i've moved to Bergers 60grn match FBHP. It has a higher BC than the Sierra and gives tighter groups too.

Nevertheless, methinks i should trust it beyond 300 yards from now on.. Thanks for that info... ;)

Well i am suprised. I've been using that little Sierra flat base for a long time now but never beyond 300 yards.. It's the heaviest bullet i can use in my 1 in 12".

I had no idea it would work so well out to 500 yards.. I've been driving it with 24 grns of Varget with excellent results for awhile now though recently i've moved to Bergers 60grn match FBHP. It has a higher BC than the Sierra and gives tighter groups too.

Hi Streeker

I have tested my rifle with countless different bullets , and found the 60 grn Sierra varminter produced consistantly accurate results in my rifle... another big reason I love them is I found a supply at £9 per box ;)

Most of my varminting is done with this load in the 223 , and the majority of my video's , show this bullet in action... including the magpie vid at 410 yrds

Beyond 500 yrds they start to wander and are affected by winds , and as you say there are better bullets with better BC's for this task.

For this egg shooting vid , I selected a day with very little wind to worry about... and was delighted with how things turned out.

All the best

Alan

• 2 months later...

fantastic shooting ..3 in a row ..well done :)

Archived