.223 70grn Semi Spitzer Soft Point

lancslad

Right guys, this is the result of a home load that I have put together for shooting Roe up in scotland, its the .223 Speer Semi Spitzer 70grn Soft Point, Using a CCI Primer, Lapua Brass and 24gr of Varget.

I pulled the 4th Shot, which was a dissappointment, but I knew it was wrong as soon as it went.

Range 100 Meters, Shooting Standing off Quad Sticks using the Tika T3 Lite.

Its not bullet on bullet, but as Im not a "target guy" its good enough for me to do what it says on the tin.

That should keep micky finn quiet.........lol...........

Right guys, this is the result of a home load that I have put together for shooting Roe up in scotland, its the .223 Speer Semi Spitzer 70grn Soft Point, Using a CCI Primer, Lapua Brass and 24gr of Varget.

I pulled the 4th Shot, which was a dissappointment, but I knew it was wrong as soon as it went.

Range 100 Meters, Shooting Standing off Quad Sticks using the Tika T3 Lite.

Its not bullet on bullet, but as Im not a "target guy" its good enough for me to do what it says on the tin.

That should keep micky finn quiet.........lol...........

You been punching the tgts again with your pen ?...... :lol::angry:

i see a lot of improvement there buddy from last time. well done

Micky

Nowt wrong with that lad... I presume your twist is 1 in 8" ?

Yeh mate..........1 in 8...............

The sticks that I am using come from a design that gets used by the forrestry commision guys, my boss at the gun shop saw them when he did his DSC1 a couple of years ago, they are not a "bipod" or a "tripod" but a QUAD.

The action will only move up and down when you sight in.....as I said,,I pulled the 4th low on the shot which was a bitch....otherwise I would have been VV VV happy...

Anyone that hasnt had a play with quad sticks, then Ill give a brief explanation, they hold your rifle at the fore end and at the stock. giving a nice rigid platform. Everyone that I have demonstrated to at the game fairs have said that they are suprised about the amount of stability they actualy provide.

You never know,,,some of you may have even tried them out.

Problem that you have with bi or tri pods is that you stilll have lateral motion in the but section of the rifle.

Thats what makes you "wobble"............any movement in the butt section will be amplified, with the quads they lock your butt into one place, you do get a bit of movement if you push against the stock to shift the poa, but if you let it "rest" then it stays where it does.

Its like shooting off a rest and a bag.

very very stable.

Problem that you have with bi or tri pods is that you stilll have lateral motion in the but section of the rifle.

Thats what makes you "wobble"............any movement in the butt section will be amplified, with the quads they lock your butt into one place, you do get a bit of movement if you push against the stock to shift the poa, but if you let it "rest" then it stays where it does.

Its like shooting off a rest and a bag.

very very stable.

Jon can you do a few pics of the quad sticks in action,,ie you with rifle on sticks in position so we have a idea ?

Mick

How long does it take to set up though?

for example, if you were stalking down a ride and a deer presents itself for a shot, realisticly, would you have time to set it up and take the shot?

Bloody good group of sticks by the way. I'm with Streeker59 - shake like a goodun !!

AJ, I demonstrate them at the game fair and will have it up and on the sticks in 10 to 15 seconds, if that......and thats going slow.

Like anything, its practice, I would say that these take no more time to deploy than a tripod or "bipod" set of tall sticks.

Ive got the shoot test tomorrow and will be using them then so Ill get a couple of photos.

Archived