155g lapau users.....

skany

Hi guys

picked up soom 155 lapuas to try just for kicks thinking that they will take me to 1000yds supersonic & unfortunatly they arent a patch on the 155 amax i have been using!

groups were about 3/4inch at 100yds with 2 touching & one on its own in the 3 groups i shot!

Im loading to 2.8" the same as my amax load & was wondering how they cope with a jump?

Im sure its a fair way to my lands but ive never bothered checking on this rifle as it shot so well with the amax i fiqured id leave alone!

I did think they may keyhole as my twist is 1-15 & borderline for the amax let alon the lapuas which are damned long compaired!

any sugestions on first thing to try?

Andy

your 1 in 15" twist is far too slow for Scenars Andy.

1 in 14" is the slowest twist for such a long bullet.

1 in 12" or faster is the ideal.

i did fiqure this but the consistant 2 touching &1 pulling it open to 3/4 made me think it could be something simple ie they dont like a jump!

think ill load em long & see wht happens

1-15 is a bit slow for the amaxs really but it groups up there & beond my full custom 243ai past 400yds so who knows!lol

Andy

load mine 10 thou off the lans in both remmy and parker hale actions and both shoot really well

Parker hale is good at 1000yds so no probs here

ian

wht twist is ur parker ian & wht velocity u getting?

andy

dont have the PH rifle any more mate but think it was a 1-12 or 1-14 twist but never actually checked

ran lapua brass, fedral 210 match primers, 46gr N140 and was pushing about 2900fps believe the barrel was 24"

actually run 167gr scenars in the remmy as its a 1-10 twist but only a 21" sporter barrel but also load that 10thou off the lans but the game kings are loaded about 50 thou off

ian

Andy, you should try the new Sierra matchking 155's part No 2156. Higher BC than the old bullet and the A-max due to its slightly longer ogive.

It should perform better in your slow twist barrel compared to the Scenar mate...

Grant..

Andy, you should try the new Sierra matchking 155's part No 2156. Higher BC than the old bullet and the A-max due to its slightly longer ogive.

It should perform better in your slow twist barrel compared to the Scenar mate...

Grant..

Hi grant

i may grab a box mate but i think the first thing to do is stick a target up @1000 yds & see wht the amax do at that range!

will put the lapuas near the lands & see wht happens jsut for kicks mind:-P

cheers Andy

Archived