CHEEKY BAS*&^D

bramble basher

just let the hens out before Sunday dinner 2 '0' clock 10 past 2 heard a right racket walked to the fence to see charlie making off with on of my hens hurled some bad language at him to no avail ran to the house got the shotgun walked into the old quarry to the rear of the house had a look around found the odd feather but no other signs just going to go home when i heard the magpies kicking off in an old swampy area of the quarry sneaked along to the edge of the swamp but no sign only that the magpies never left but stayed in shotgun range i new he was there somewhere took another couple of steps he just bolted from the brambles not 20 yards in front of me chicken still in his mouth here he is SMART BUT NOT SMART ENOUGH :)

P.S she wasnt the best layer

098.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work,

We had one last week eating a Canada I had shot that had fallen behind a hedge to the back of me, during the flight, took no notice of the shooting at all.

I can now say that non lead shot kills foxes OK !!.

A

• 2 weeks later...

you got the right one ;) looks a good size fox

just let the hens out before Sunday dinner 2 '0' clock 10 past 2 heard a right racket walked to the fence to see charlie making off with on of my hens hurled some bad language at him to no avail ran to the house got the shotgun walked into the old quarry to the rear of the house had a look around found the odd feather but no other signs just going to go home when i heard the magpies kicking off in an old swampy area of the quarry sneaked along to the edge of the swamp but no sign only that the magpies never left but stayed in shotgun range i new he was there somewhere took another couple of steps he just bolted from the brambles not 20 yards in front of me chicken still in his mouth here he is SMART BUT NOT SMART ENOUGH ;)

P.S she wasnt the best layer

098.jpg

nice one

Archived