One of my favorite rimfire "varmint" guns

Andrew

I was digging out this handgun tonight and thought I'd share a photo of what has become one of my favorite rimfire rabbit and prairiedog guns. The scope is a Swift 2-6X Long eye Relief and and it has a Rifle Basix trigger. With the uber-hot Federal 30 grain HP it will shoot 3/4" at 100M with me behind the wheel. It has accounted for many varmints and is a handy alternative to a rifle.~Andrew

Swift2-6LERonSavageStrikerjpgRES.jpg

Happy New Year, all...

No more than any 22 magnum but it is a seriously handy rig to tote around in the Jeep. I like rolling up, dropping the bipod legs, and tacking prairiedog pups in the spring as they usually are found acting stupidly inside 100 yards. When the snows are on us it's good for rabbits. I found a box of CCI 30 grain V-Max in the case for my BRno-611 and remembered that the Savage hadn't tasted any of this round yet. I'd shot it from my CZ, my Rugers, Marlins, etc. and found it to expand unreliably so this will more be an accuracy test rather than consideration for hunting.

Hey! It's -4F and New Years Day. I might as well go to the range, right?! ;) ~Andrew

Archived