Diggle 600 Yard BR Shoot Sunday 27th Dec is "On"

Dave,

With regard to Diggle comps. it's down to the individual organisers on how many comps. count. In some comps - like F Class, it's the best eight from about 22. This is OK but it does allow some to 'cherry pick' the easy summer comps.

I honestly don't think that anyone does evey McQueen or Tactical - we all have holidays. Actually, you have it spot on - just bring your gun and enjoy a good days shooting whatever the comp. We certainly appreciate the support you guys give and enjoy shooting against you. You don't win anything if you win the Championship - just a bit of glass!

You will have to try F Class - 1000 yard this Sunday and 800 yds the following Saturday - that five-inch diemeter V bull is pretty challenging - not much bigger than the five-ring on the McQueen!

Look forward to seeing that Lawton action in the Tooley MBR - what cartridge?

Hi Vince,

I built 3, 22-250 AI,s at the start of last year, and took them out to test, as they were somewhat unusual. The cartridge hooked me somewhat.

You know what i.m like, i,m not content unless building summat or other, and rapidly lose interest in a gun , once its up and running, and a good load sorted.....you cant do anything else with them then, can you ? ;)

Anyway, i picked up an m55 tikka for next to nowt, and was just pulling it apart one day, when a large box of around 50 lawton actions landed. Bloody fatal.

There were several single shot 7500,s in there, with a .308 bolt face......and SHINY..... ;)

Bang went the tikka. Then i found a lilja 1 in 7" twist fluted heavy varmint blank....just laid there....Its now barrelled in 22-250 ackley improved, and sat waiting to go to proof next week. It will have a jewell br trigger, and a lovely stainless adl trigger guard. I,ve always admired the highly polished br guns that Pete Walker produces, so this one will be polished stainless too. The stock is going to take some polishing however....never seen one..."as matt"

redmac.jpg

The cunning plan is to use 90 grain bergers in it. Looking forward to it, as i dont have a "fast" .22. Also the wife wont let me sell our small child to fund more .338 ammo. ;)

Archived