Local gunshop

kip270

Well, for my birthday my other half asked what i would like :wub:

So after a few seconds i said i would like a range mat, as i'm fed up with lying in puddles, although i could probably do well with a canoe after all the rain we have had.

Anyway we headed off to my local gunshop which is now run by a different company after the big one went BUST.

They have spruced up the inside, but still the staff have a fair way to go for dealing with customers.

A few weeks ago i went down to buy some bits & pieces, and asked if they had the new Berger bullets for my .270, the guy looked at me as if i was speaking another lanuage....."Berger bullets?????? never heard of them", well i was amazed!!!!!!!

Then i asked for a Butler scope cover for the .222, he asked if i had the rifle with me so they could get the right size, which i did have in the car (they said to me before to take the rifle down), then when i unzipped the rifle case i had the schmidt covers on and he asked why i wanted a Butler creek scope cover????? Was he trying to save me money?? i wanted to part with may cash.........

So yesterday we went down to look at the range mats, i chose one and then asked if they had any Tenterfield Fox calls in stock, as they have them on their website, "no we haven't, and anyhow all the fox calls we have don't work".........

:blush::D:(

So i asked if they would be getting any in and he said "NO, your better off using your hand"...............

So ok i can give this guy/store a thumbs up for being honest, but as for running a business in these hard times, you would think he would of tried to sell me the whole shop............

I didn't care for the staff that worked in the original shop much, even though my dad & uncle spent a fortune with them, and then me,because unless you were in their to spend lots of money on shotguns/rifles, they looked at you as if you were dirt on their shoe.

just my little rant :P

You're in south wales. Don't suppose this shop's been taken over by another large company has it? If so, I think they're s*** too and have got to the pouint that I wouldn't go there if they were the only shop in britain! Don't you have any other local businesses you could support?

I have an acquaintance whoi was buying a rifle at a small gunshop back in August. The paperwork was completed and the money had exchanged hands. The lady behind the counter said that due to insurance regs he had to be shown correct safety and handling techniques and sign a slip saying he had received them. Well, the lady went through her speal, all the time banging the stock against the counter and the gunrack behind the counter. The buyer asked her to please be more careful as it was now his rifle, not hers.

Evidently she came unglued saying that no-one "sassed" her or her husband in their own store. The old man came siding up the counter with his hand on a holstered side arm, yelling for the guy to get out. The woman snatched his receipt, tore it up and then tore up the Federal 4473 affidavit (a Felony Offense) and then threw his money back at him.

He left in a hurry never to return. Talk about bad retail technique! I'll bet the French aren't that bad! ~Andrew

well we have some problems with decent gunshop here.....

you wouldnt think so with me being in the angus area and surrounded by shooting estates!!!

shop opened up in my town couple o years back.. put a lot o business his way and advertised him myelf.....

then......

he goes onto permission that he knew i had and tried to take it off me by going to the farmer...dfair enuff thats his right

but ...my opinion is that hes acting on info from customers and i wouldnt have went in myself if i knew someone had the permission!!! i tried talking to him bout it and he went off on one so never spent a penny in there since and make sure i tell everyone what hes like...

since heard of a local lad who put 2 shotguns in for temporary storage only to go back 3 weeks later guns are gone and he said that the local firearms mob demanded he hand them over for destruction!!!

so if any one thinking of using the shop in montrose....dont!!!

no paperwork to support it and firearms division say they know nowt!!!!

cant prove it but reckon he sold them....

hes offering great deals but telling a load o crap just to sell anything.

half decent shop in Arbroath but can be a night mare getting him to get stuff in but i support him when i can.

The very first thing any salesman has to sell is himself, no one will buy from a salesman they dont like. I have always given what I call 'best advice' to the customer. sounds like some of this guys advice is a bit off beam and maybe he needs a bit of training. Dont forget he may well not have been brought up with anything to do with our sport and still find it hard to tell the difference between a stock and a barrell.

A

Sauer,

Tell your friends to contact the chief of police directly for their area. Someone there, either the shop owner, or the flo,s are missapropriating firearms. Guns DO NOT just dissapear, there is ALWAYS a paper trail, providing it has been done legally of course.

Sauer, did you friend not ask for a receipt when leaving the guns at the shop?

I have used a RFd for storage when moving house and also for a shotgun repair and they have willingly given a receipt.

This needs chasing up as baldie said with the chief officer otherwise and presuming they are on ticket :huh: how is he going to explain the missing items at renewal etc.

not a friend as such just a local guy i know and bump ino say hello no and again, from what i gather the FEO has informed him that the paper trail says the guys sold the 2 shotguns in question without his permission , and last i heard he didnt get a receipt or nowt just word of mouth so one guys word against another.

even if wasnt true that this happened i wouldnt use local gunshop . wouldnt give the guy the steam of my sh*te !!!!!

hes a dodgy lying theiving so n so.

a colleagues father has just bought a berretta ultralight over n under from him , yes good deal but was told it would take 3" shells...

i said no it wouldnt checked the gun its on the friggin barrels 2n 3/4" and hes lying his ass off to get a sale.....fair enough colleagues father if had bit of sense and knew bit more bout guns could have easily found out himself.

sauer

If the guns were put into storage, Sauer, then the shop owner has to provide written proof that he had full permission to sell them from the owner. this is the problem dealers have when people leave low value guns with us for years, and the bill for storage amounts to 4 or 5 times what its worth. I forget what the exact procedure is with the police, but they just cant be sold, and most certainly not after just two weeks.

The dealers register should state when the guns were signed in, and the reason for doing so.

Archived