Chronograph advice , recommendations?

I used to have the CED millenium chrono (mk1) but found it a PITA. It needs a tripod for one thing. I had cases of the screen not picking up the bullets on occasion ( I had it at your BBQ Ian remember)

In the end I sold it as it was just too cumbersome....

Mark

Interesting. I've always mounted any chrono I ever used on a substantial photographic tripod; how else is anyone going to mount it? A decent tripod, with the legs spread wide (possibly with sandbags too) and the chrono at the lowest point for comfortable shooting through the screens off (usually) a shooting bench, gives optimum stability & versatility. I honestly don't find my CED cumbersome at all: it is just as easy to set up and use as any other (PACT, Oehler, ProChrono, Shooting Chrony) I've used, plus it's nicely built/finished and works perfectly well & consistently. AFAIK any chrono is subject to fluctuations in sensitivity, according to e.g. weather conditions, or the distance it's set from the rifle, muzzle blast, velocity...

Ultimately they're electronic boxes of tricks and any given example of a chrono can prove to be a duffer, of course.

TonyH

Are the "knockers" of the CED using theres with the infra red site screens??

Just asking as I have been using one for about 10 years? and always use the infra red and have never missed a bullet reading? Also use it on a camera tripod and find the whole thing awesome?

Maybe I just got lucky with mine but if it broke I would go and buy another?

:ph34r:

Archived