Reloader 17

Elwood

I managed to get a half tub today to try out and I have got 1lb stashed away for me to collect.

I know the powder is for short magnum cases but it's listed a secondary powder for medium size cases as well.

My question is has anyone tried it with a 6.5x47, I would be very interested to hear of results.

I'm waiting to get my paws on some to try in my 6x47 supposed to give an extra 1-200 fps extra.

Try looking in the 6BR forum I'm sure one of our US buddies has tried it in the 6.5x47 and has reported on it.

Catch up Sunday.

Cheers

Dave

Dave, I think my source had several tubs, I can put another one by for you. I would love to say I could get it tomorrow and bring it with me on Sunday, but it's highly unlikely I will have the time.

I'm not sure whats happening over Xmas with the Dorset boys, so it might run into January before we meet again.

The chap who gave me the powder today was running it in his 6x47.

Are you having breakfast on Sunday? if so I will join you.

I have 3 tubs in and have just started on the loads for my short barelled 6.5 Nem.

I ran up a ladder to test for pressure and hit capacity before anything excessive. Velocity in my 21" barrel is 150fps+ up from N150 and I am keeping pressures down to the parent 22-250 limits. Accuracy node at this point seems to be pushing a 123 Scenar at 2900 fps - I can drive it 100 fps faster but the next node would likely be at pressure on a hot day.

I've read of good results in the .260 and .284 but don't recall anything specific on the 6.5x47 - It would be interesting to hear how you get on !

Cheers

Tony

Archived