RCBS Charge Master

LONG RANGE CAPT

Anyone know, where I could get an RCBS Charge Master at sensible money ?

Cheers

Rob

America!

Mail order it in, even paying duty you'll probably come up less than the UK

Mark

If it has a plug into the wall type transformer, then check and see what voltage the transformer is rated for. For instance, cell phone chargers, laptop chargers, and various other AC--> DC converters are typically rated for 110-240, 50-60 Hz. If that is the case, then you only need a plug converter from Tesco for £5. I've got a dozen said converters around the house for various items including laptop chargers, printer plugs, lamps, etc.

If the chargemaster has internal circuitry, then you'll need a full voltage converter. I have 2 in the house for larger items. I run a US surround sound system, PS2, dremmel, and kitchen aid mixer from them. They are about £25 from Maplin for a 300 watt rating. They have smaller, cheaper ones for about a tenner tha tmight work for a small power draw item. The problem in doing this though is that while they convert the voltage, they do NOT convert the frequency. If the US based unit uses a timer circuit, then the timer circuit will run slow because the US is set for 60 Hz, while over here the AC is 50 Hz. Anything with a clock or timer will be affected. I don't know what the chargemaster has inside so know if it will be a problem.

Thanks,

Rick

Buy a 110V version and then buy the 220 power supply from RCBS direct.

They might not even charge you........ :lol:

Be careful about running the 110 through an adaptor/transformer. I know of someone who did this and it made the chargemaster innaccurate!! He got a proper power adaptor and all was well again.

Mark

Archived