Robinson Composite Stocks

Any one have experiences/opinions regarding quality of these stocks verse Mc Millan. I'm specifically thinking of the Tactical model for Remington 700. Also does anyone know if you can order cheaper direct from Robinson in Canada.

Thanks

Ive fitted a few Robertsons to Tikka's, they were the Silouette models and are very good quality.

Slightly better finished than Mcmillan.

Not sure about the tactical stock, havent handled one - I have however handled countless Mcmillan A series and several Manners tacticals

They are extremely durable and comfortable.

Jackson rifles are the UK importer for Robertson - however I am pretty sure you can buy direct from Canada.

Any one have experiences/opinions regarding quality of these stocks verse Mc Millan. I'm specifically thinking of the Tactical model for Remington 700. Also does anyone know if you can order cheaper direct from Robinson in Canada.

Thanks

Hi Dan i have only recently added a robertson to my tikka,and its one great stock,esp the price,400 quid,only thing needs doing is the bedding,which i will get done,in jan when in uk,will be buying another,to go on my other tikka when i have time.as ronin says,i bought mine fom peter jackson at jackson rifles,had it with in 2 days.

Mick

DSC04525.jpg

Hi Dan i have only recently added a robertson to my tikka,and its one great stock,esp the price,400 quid,only thing needs doing is the bedding,which i will get done,in jan when in uk,will be buying another,to go on my other tikka when i have time.as ronin says,i bought mine fom peter jackson at jackson rifles,had it with in 2 days.

Mick

DSC04525.jpg

Cheers guys

They seems well priced. How do you find ,the grip angle and comfort of them? It looks like a sporting stock design with an almost vertical/tactical grip, do you find it feels more of tactical stock than a sporter? Jackson's have a few different camo patterns in stock.

Cheers guys

They seems well priced. How do you find ,the grip angle and comfort of them? It looks like a sporting stock design with an almost vertical/tactical grip, do you find it feels more of tactical stock than a sporter? Jackson's have a few different camo patterns in stock.

it is quite a chunky grip but i like it,nice and solid hold,fits to my cheek just nice,unlike the standard stock that came with the rifle....sounds well that,,,,,,, :blink::)

Oh and a fully floating barrel now where as the standard made contact half way.

Mick

Archived