SYSS Tac-mod.

We ran out of the now no longer made, A-tec mod a while back. Which was a shame, as it was a good mod, with a couple of faults, one being its price.

We have produced a new moderator, which is loosley based on that old design, but with a number of improvements.

DSCN1900.jpg

Firstly, the internal bore of the spider tube has been increased by 1mm. Not a lot, but enough to clear a few more barrel o/d,s, and also to keep the mod a reasonable width, yet still retain efficiency in the rear section.

The internal barrel thread bush, is now stainless steel, and is a different thread to other mods of this type, hence no other bushes will fit ours. Its a standard right hand thread, but also does away with that old a- tec problem of the bush coming undone on the gun. Ours has a 3mm grub screw fitted into one of the spider legs, which locates on an undercut on the bush, thus locking it in.

The spider legs have been made wider and deeper, to prolong the life of the spider, via gas cutting.

The baffle stack is made entirely from stainless steel, so there are no longer any gas cutting problems there.

The front cap is now removed /installed with a coin slot [but bigger, so the mod can be locked up efficiently, yet still retain the flush fitting cap, for pleasing looks.

I,ve reduced the internal bore , via trial and error slightly, to further reduce the signature. This means that the barrel thread MUST be done by a competent person, there is little margin for error.

All the aluminium parts are chemically brightened, and its a very hard finish, with a pleasant satin sheen. This finish adds lubricity to the threads, etc, but they still need to be kept greased.

Bushes can be ordered in any thread required, or we can supply a cnc made arbour for a gunsmith to use in his own lathe if required.

The mod weighs 600 grammes complete.

The mod will retail at £175 , also, as a package deal , we will supply, thread the customers gun, and fit the mod for £225. Trade enquiries are most welcome.

To the mk 1 lughole, this mod is as quiet as all the other similar cans out there, pes, a-tec, t8 , wildcat etc, its no quieter, its not any prettier, its just a decent quality mod, at a damn good price.

At some point in the near future, i would say yes Ian. The two baffle sizes we have, are realistically, up to and including 6mm [6.5 would be very tight indeed] although there is no reason why the baffles could not be opened out ever so slightly for a 6.5, or a 7mm. The other std size is for a .30 cal.

I would like some made up to suit a .20 and open them up for a .22 as and when.

Not a problem really, as the cnc shop would make us a small batch of whatever i guess.

Are they available now Dave??? if so when could you fit me in to have a rifle threaded and a Mod fitted - would be easier if it could be done in one day as i could call with my new rifle and have it done there and then.

Mole - e, they wont go on anything that big. i cant remember the exact measurement, but its around an inch i think.

Tulky,

Yes i have several large boxes ready to go. If you ring the shop, they will arrange a day for you. Cant say when, as we are extremely busy at the mo, but do ring.

Capt,

It would require the baffles opening out to accomodate a .338. I haven,t tested one on a .338 however.

Dave,

How much length does it add to a barrel please? I was up in the air between CQB and A-Tec until now. In the market for a mod, just waiting to get back my licenses to see if I've been granted mod permish, if not, I'm off to the Supernintendo as to why not.

ATB,

John

We ran out of the now no longer made, A-tec mod a while back. Which was a shame, as it was a good mod, with a couple of faults, one being its price.

We have produced a new moderator, which is loosley based on that old design, but with a number of improvements.

DSCN1900.jpg

Firstly, the internal bore of the spider tube has been increased by 1mm. Not a lot, but enough to clear a few more barrel o/d,s, and also to keep the mod a reasonable width, yet still retain efficiency in the rear section.

The internal barrel thread bush, is now stainless steel, and is a different thread to other mods of this type, hence no other bushes will fit ours. Its a standard right hand thread, but also does away with that old a- tec problem of the bush coming undone on the gun. Ours has a 3mm grub screw fitted into one of the spider legs, which locates on an undercut on the bush, thus locking it in.

The spider legs have been made wider and deeper, to prolong the life of the spider, via gas cutting.

The baffle stack is made entirely from stainless steel, so there are no longer any gas cutting problems there.

The front cap is now removed /installed with a coin slot [but bigger, so the mod can be locked up efficiently, yet still retain the flush fitting cap, for pleasing looks.

I,ve reduced the internal bore , via trial and error slightly, to further reduce the signature. This means that the barrel thread MUST be done by a competent person, there is little margin for error.

All the aluminium parts are chemically brightened, and its a very hard finish, with a pleasant satin sheen. This finish adds lubricity to the threads, etc, but they still need to be kept greased.

Bushes can be ordered in any thread required, or we can supply a cnc made arbour for a gunsmith to use in his own lathe if required.

The mod weighs 600 grammes complete.

The mod will retail at £175 , also, as a package deal , we will supply, thread the customers gun, and fit the mod for £225. Trade enquiries are most welcome.

To the mk 1 lughole, this mod is as quiet as all the other similar cans out there, pes, a-tec, t8 , wildcat etc, its no quieter, its not any prettier, its just a decent quality mod, at a damn good price.

Well I have to say I didn’t believe it so I had to look myself.

Bloody hell Dave isn’t this the same mod (With a tweak) I launched 6 months ago at the Phoenix show where you saw it…! LOL, and its even at the same price of £175

Talk about pot calling the kettle black! ;)

Heres is the J-TEC Ranger, launched 6 months ago. :angry:

IMG_0412.jpg

I have to say its very disappointing to see this, cant really say anymore! ;)

I was down in Galloway six months ago having a look at some of the mods on the market.

One of the gun shop owners took delight in telling me that Jacksons sell 90% of mods in the UK market,I don't know how much truth there is in this.

It's good that you gents are trying to produce some alternatives, after all it's a buyers market, & the best moderator will sell the most.

Nothing to do with me but the mods do have an uncanny resemblance to each other, even to the layout of the pictures ;)

Again nothing to do with me but I can spot quite a few differences.

May I suggest a competition to spot the differences between the 02 pictures like what we did in school ?

I think one of them is a cheap chinese made copy made in Shanghai !

Somebody tell me which one its going to be

.......... UNBELIEVABLE

DSCN1900.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Archived