For those of you who use to use Hand guns try this

alled12

I unfortunately never got to own hand guns, I have had a play with them a few times. I did however come across a book written by Sandra Uttley the former partner of anti gun campaigner Mick North. The book is called Dunblane Unburied, it examines the lack of evidence shown to Lord Cohen at the enquiry along with a number of other issues that were kept quiet, they even tried to stop her from getting access to the relevant information. For anyone who is interested in this sort of thing give it a go. The damage done by the authorities failure to act was unforgiveable. The book is avialable from amazon and there was an interesting article on it published by the times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/s...ticle737697.ece

Here is the link to the book for anyone who is interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunblane-Unburied-...0132&sr=8-1

It was a tragic incident, but it was totally avoidable and it has tarnished our image, we are still paying the price for the polices incompetence and failure to act.

We sold copies of this book when it was first published.

It should be force fed down every MP,s throat, as it contains things called FACTS...something they wouldn,t recognise.

This book just shows you what the police CAN do when they need to cover something up. I believe there was a "d" notice applied to the evidence, and a subsequent "d" notice applied to that. This means the evidence will never come into the public domain .

I wonder why ?

Speculation, unproven of course :D believes that hamilton was part of a paedo ring which contained several hi ranking officers.

Added to the fact that he had his firearms removed, because they were unlicensed, then returned upon GRANT of an fac, hardly inspires one with confidence in our firearms licensing police.

Its things like this that make me so wary, and so angry regarding the " mentoring" conversations in another thread at the moment.

When the that which promotes growth and vigour hits the fan, the police will use every dirty trick in the book, to wriggle out of a difficult situation.

Personally, I've never been comfortable with the book's title; I find it unbelievably offensive and insensitive to the real families who lost real children... and will never read it for that reason.

Right, I'm off for a cup of decaff :D

I did buy the book and read it. No mean achievement because it's so badly written. Which is a pity because Sandra Uttley did a great job with the research and her persistence is remarkable. There are lots of good quality facts that would otherwise have slipped away forever. Even then you have to read between the lines a bit to come up with a hypothesis of what actually happened. As I read it Hamilton was in the same Freemasonry lodge as the Deputy Chief Constable, Hamilton was already under police surveillance when he went on his rampage and was 'topped' by the surveillance officer (the two shots through the head was a bit of a giveaway).

Remarkably Lord Cullen did not read the statements before the enquiry and so was unaware (!) that an off-duty police officer was on the school premises at the time of the shootings and saw Hamilton's body immediately after his death. That officer's description of the scene challenges the official version of what occurred but this evidence was never heard.

No fire here but lots of smoke.

Cornishman

Fair enough Brown dog, It is certianly an interesting read, the problem I have is this, this police force in covering its own backside irrevicably damaged our image forever. Human beings by there nature are inquisitive, the title may be a bit off but it is actually correct, the facts in this horrendous and tragic incident that should never happened have been buried. Sandra Uttley has pressed for information and been stonewalled at every stage. What baldie says is true they have tried to stop the public seeing this information every which way they can. As shooters what we do will forever be tarnished by the incompetence of a number of individuals in saving there behind. I agree that bring the pain back to the parents of those children should not be done without serious thought, Sandra Uttley should know all about this I will quote the times:

'The book, Dunblane Unburied, has been written by Sandra Uttley, the former partner of Dr Mick North, an anti-gun campaigner whose five-year-old daughter, Sophie, was killed in the massacre.'

So if any one understands the pain she would, yet she still wrote the book, I think that says something. For those of you who have not read this book if the title offends remove the front cover and read it, like baldie said it should have been forced into the hands of every politician. If there was nothing to cover up then why try to bury the evidence and possibly the truth for a 100 years.

Archived