South Africa

Thanks for posting Rob, looks like you had a fantastic time.

It's something I've been planning for a while, and would be interested to know which outfitter you used and how you rated the trip ??

Many thanks

Steve

Rob

Kick a chap when he's dreaming (of Aff') and bored (shitless @ work) why don't you!!!

lt looks like you had an amazing amount of fun, how did that Blue react to the .308?

With any luck and a bit more organisation some of us from on here should be off to S/Aff early next year, the bloody footy world cup and other issues not withstanding....

lf you left anything for us that is :D It should also mean a whole battery of Mike Norris built toys being dragged along and played with..... So long as F%$£& gets his 7x57 load sorted, Z finally decides (l'll not hold my breath just yet :D ) which of his growing collection is going and i can get the bloody 180grainers into gear in time.

lf you left anything for us that is :D It should also mean a whole battery of Mike Norris built toys being dragged along and played with..... So long as F%$£& gets his 7x57 load sorted, Z finally decides (l'll not hold my breath just yet :angry: ) which of his growing collection is going and i can get the bloody 180grainers into gear in time.

oi Ratboy,

we are doing our best on that front :rolleyes: now what Z will do, is left to the will of the gods...

F%$£&

I've shot blues with a 30-06 with 168gn heads, 1 dropped on the spot 1 went in circles for 50 yards with it's heart in tatters. But I've also seen Eland taken from 150yds with a 270 that just colapsed on the spot. as long as you hit the vitals they might run but you'll find them. The trackers out there are fantastic. I shot a zebra with the 06 and it ran for a couple of hundred yards with its heart knackered and lungs full of blood - they're certainly very tough the african animals. A 308 will kill blues very well one of the guy's I was on safari used his and it killed them just as effectively as the 30-06.

Just because I'm on holiday doesn't mean you can take my name in vain yer know..

The jolly ol .308 may go or then again the 6mm or maybe both or neither or ... oh hell I don't know.

Tell you what, I'll get them to draw straws for the privilege.

I may have something completely different by that point anyway :ph34r::rolleyes:

Blue skies

z

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ........... Bugger Zee' it's that bad down in the south that you've got to hang about on here B) while you're there :rolleyes: .....

l give up mate, take the bloody lot and go naked :ph34r:

Hope you're havin' Ass, l mean fun... oh whatever??!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived