First red for the 6BR

Finally got a chance to get off to my permission to see if anything was about! i thought it had been awhile since the BR had come out of the cabinet, as all my fox's latly have been shot with my new AR-15 :)

I knew where i wanted to be on the ground, which involves a mile hike over rough, boggy moor! (the 6BR isnt the lightest rifle may i add!)

Anyway, as i was approachin where i wanted to be i spied to my astonishment a red! there are afew in the area but not many, initially i though it was a hind from a distance, and suddenly got a rush that i mite be able to catch up on the 16 pointer i saw last year in the very same place (during the red rut), however no others were to be seen??

Thinking it was very odd for a lone hind to be out on her own without a stag chasing was rather strange, so i wound the scope up to full mag an spotted the spikes. wind was in my favour and i got round him and crawled up onto a heathery high patch, bipod out and took aim.

A 105 amax struck home behind his shoulder blade and he walked 30 yards towards the forestry an stopped, not wanting to take any chances i sent another on on its way, and i saw his back end drop followed by his head.

think im abit out of practice as my gralloch wouldnt have won any prizes, but hes now hangin in the garage cooling, the best thing about the stalk.... never had a single migde around me, this cooler air has made stalking enjoyable again ;)!!

Thats the other half of the story, i dragged him about 200 300 odd yards, and i gave in to the wonders of morden technology and phoned my old man to come out with the quad.

If anyone thinks im soft this patch takes over 45 minutes to cover on foot at my fast pace over peaty ditches and rocky knols!

even with the quad i didnt get back into the house till 11 last nite! Did get a fox in the lamp light whislt i was driving off the patch! which was a bonus!

i will put some pics up tonite!

Dumfries and Galloway chainsaw massacre ;):D

Nice going mate :lol:

Archived