do i need a bushing neck die set

griffshrek

Hello all i am after a bit of advice, since starting relaoding a couple of yrs ago i have slowly progressed getting better quality gear , its now time to change my dies and i was looking at the redding competition bushing neck die set , but then relaised i doubt i will need this level of fine tuning in a die for my type of shooting (rabbits out to 400m )

if i am right i am led to believe that with this type of die i would have to get diffrent bushing sizes for my type of brass for the bullet seater and neck sizer for the die to work , is it better to not get this die and just get a standard neck sizer and bullet seater.

i do like to produce the most accurate ammo i can even if i cant shoot to its ability

regards.........neil

It is only the neck die that needs the bushings.

I had a look at these dies and thought about it.

What I read was that you need to neck turn to get the benefits of the comp dies.

So I did not go further.

Still got my Lee deluxe die set and just bought a Redding body bumping die from Optics warehouse for £22.40 which is a popular way to go based on comments on reloaders nest forum.

If the Lee neck die is set up properly they are quite good.

Optics warehouse also sell the std Redding three die set for £42, you have to ask as it is not listed.

I stalk, no target except on the range.

There was a thread on airgunbbs reloading section about a week ago.

A bloke called Beerhunter posted a video of the run out using lee neck die and a RCBS one. He runs the www.shootforum.com web site as well,

Archived