which press is it

1967spud

i have just picked up a rcbs press froma mate, i thought it was a rockchucker but not sure now

it has a large cranked handle and rcbs II on the side, anybody know which model this and what is it worth so i can pay him accordingly , its rusted a s a horse shoe but should be ok with some wd40 on it

thanks

Guest varmartin

My press says...RCBS on the right side and on both Ram hinge arms , and says RC IV on the left side...its a `Rock Chucker`

It can be used left or right handed as it has to tapped locations for the Arm to screw into ...

Hope this helps.

could it possibly be an ealier rock chucker then?

what do you think its worth?

Depends how bad it is.

If its siezed, its scrap.

If the press runs up and down and the ram is covered in rust it needs cleaning up to polish finsih soon othere wise the rust will "ovalise" the bearing surfaces.

So long as there are no mechanical problems a second hand press would be worth half price new (new price of rockchucker is about 130) less whatever you think for condition.

If its as described in your initial post I would give him a tenner or buy him a couple of pints only as it sounds like you have a bit to do to get it "oven ready" again.

tthanks ronin goot it working i paid him 50 quid and i also got a brand new lyman trimmer and a new set of 10 10 scales chucked in :);):D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It is the older rockchucker, I,ve got one with same markings.A good mod is to reduce the lever length,I,ve got mine down to 11 inches including the knob?!

thanks onehole at the moment its a bloody massive handle 20 in ches long

i though 6 inch was the average :)

what more can i say shrek, i am above average ;):D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P:P and white

Archived