Anshutz xiv 17 hmr

axel

my mtae has one and they are defintly the way forward but a little spendy

I have the CZ and fitted a Timney trigger and it shoots well enough but i knew i should of got the Anni...just wanted to hear from anyone who uses one ...

Axel

I have one with the thumbhole stock and I love it. I used it for two seasons and thought it was a love that would last forever. Then I bought a 17 Ackley Hornet and the HMR stays in the cupboard. Nothing wrong with the gun at all it just been eclipsed by its big sister.

A regular shooting buddy uses the Cz in 17HMR and it's just as good as my Annie. Well, maybe not just as good, but it's good.

Cornishman

Axel

I have one with the thumbhole stock and I love it. I used it for two seasons and thought it was a love that would last forever. Then I bought a 17 Ackley Hornet and the HMR stays in the cupboard. Nothing wrong with the gun at all it just been eclipsed by its big sister.

A regular shooting buddy uses the Cz in 17HMR and it's just as good as my Annie. Well, maybe not just as good, but it's good.

Cornishman

Yeh the CZ is not bad ... but if i take the 2q2 with me i can feel the difference and think "this in hmr would be nice " anyway sticking my ticket in taday for a variation. Cheers

Cornishmen

I know what you mean by the difference, I have an annie xiv and the cz in hmr. Annie has the best trigger by far imo. My mate has the 14" version annie .17 and likes it, but has had issues with the mod not retaining zero when taken off. I put it down to the cheapend mod myself. I would stick to the 18" length myself.

I'm looking at px my cz for a sako varmint at some point as it's the same stock as the finnfire, the cz std stock just don't feel right in my hand to me compared to the finnfire.

neil

I know what you mean by the difference, I have an annie xiv and the cz in hmr. Annie has the best trigger by far imo. My mate has the 14" version annie .17 and likes it, but has had issues with the mod not retaining zero when taken off. I put it down to the cheapend mod myself. I would stick to the 18" length myself.

I'm looking at px my cz for a sako varmint at some point as it's the same stock as the finnfire, the cz std stock just don't feel right in my hand to me compared to the finnfire.

neil

hi neil i no where a sako quad is going with 2 5 shot mags,1 ten shot, ammo, upgraded bolt handle. and has been cut down to 16 inch by riachard pope. lovely rifle

i have one in .22 and also 2 in 17hmrwith day and night scopes attached. before i came back to work,we were out after fox,with 223,none were spotted,so luckily had my 17hmr,shot 12 rabbits with 12 shots,out to 120 yds,with Nv attached,

im in 2 minds to get rid of my other .22 which is ruger 10-22 and get another annie thumbhole,in 22.wouldnt be getting rid of mine in a hurry thats for sure.

Thanks 22/250 foxer, but I prefer the wooden stock varmint over the synthetic, having handled all three versions of the quad. The composite stock is too narrow in the grip for me. Fiscal limits and variation pias hold me back at the mo. A costly visit to the mgf did not help. :)

For all you annie xiv owners, a t hole G. Cane custom stock variation below.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/s...r1/DSC00106.jpg.

neil

Thanks 22/250 foxer, but I prefer the wooden stock varmint over the synthetic, having handled all three versions of the quad. The composite stock is too narrow in the grip for me. Fiscal limits and variation pias hold me back at the mo. A costly visit to the mgf did not help. :)

For all you annie xiv owners, a thole custom variation below.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/s...r1/DSC00106.jpg.

neil

hi neil this is the wooden stock quad mate

Hi 22/250 foxer

Yep it is the varmint version rather than the hunter version. There are in fact four versions of the quad rather than 3 I said :)

I happened across on a year back at a shop bought in for a customer.I came across a varmint synthetic a couple of weeks ago and that is slim in palm swell area too. All depends what suits your grip, one mans poison etc.

I've noticed a few custom bolts for the quads too coming out. But not having used the std version yet I should not comment on functionality, though I conservatively I prefer metal.

neil

Hi 22/250 foxer

Yep it is the varmint version rather than the hunter version. There are in fact four versions of the quad rather than 3 I said :rolleyes:

I happened across on a year back at a shop bought in for a customer.I came across a varmint synthetic a couple of weeks ago and that is slim in palm swell area too. All depends what suits your grip, one mans poison etc.

I've noticed a few custom bolts for the quads too coming out. But not having used the std version yet I should not comment on functionality, though I conservatively I prefer metal.

neil

hi neil iwas in reloading solutions a month or so back and he had some 17 hmr custom barrels in for the quad. heavy barrel

Archived