UKV Challenge Shoot 2010

Well with the success of the 2009 challenge shoot, i have been racking my brains for more active targets at the longer ranges, not wanting to give too much away, but i think they will be a challenge and fun too boot.

I hope it all happens again, and more members will be able to attend.

• 1 month later...
Well with the success of the 2009 challenge shoot, i have been racking my brains for more active targets at the longer ranges, not wanting to give too much away, but i think they will be a challenge and fun too boot.

I hope it all happens again, and more members will be able to attend.

Hi Kip.. I've been out of it for awhile so this is the first time i've seen this thread..

Have you chatted to Ian ( Vermincinerator ) about next years comp as i know he's also working on active targets for it.

If "Graham Farmer" is still up for it, we'll be using his land again i believe.

Unless there are any major issues, we'll be looking at early April again ?

A lot of time was lost zeroing this year. Ian & I have agreed that zeroing should be out for the next comp. We all use our kit in the field or range and should know our own zeros by now... What do you think ?

Grant..

Hi Kip.. I've been out of it for awhile so this is the first time i've seen this thread..

Have you chatted to Ian ( Vermincinerator ) about next years comp as i know he's also working on active targets for it.

A lot of time was lost zeroing this year. Ian & I have agreed that zeroing should be out for the next comp. We all use our kit in the field or range and should know our own zeros by now... What do you think ?

Grant..

sounds like some of you should get your heads together and decided who is the main organiser,otherwise you will be doing a lot of work and organising to be told o we have decided to go to xxx s place.

ATB

Colin

sounds like some of you should get your heads together and decided who is the main organiser,otherwise you will be doing a lot of work and organising to be told o we have decided to go to xxx s place.

ATB

Colin

No need Col,

This years event was successfully organised by Grant, Grahem Farmer and myself with some much appreciated help from a few of the other guys.

I am sure we can do the same again when the time arises.

Ian.

I think we are very fortunate to have such good spirits organise this event. Couldn't make it last year due to shift changes hopefulli I can make it this time

Grant..

Hi Grant,

Yep have to agree, don't think there is any need to zero before hand, adds more to the thrill of it.

Think im the guilty party for the zeroing, shooting at warcop the day before put the 6BR out 10MOA, i really should write down where my zero is on the turrets!!! :o

Lookin forward to the next one!

A for reative targets empty coke cans filled with water certainly make themselves know when hit, would need a fair number of them mind you!

Think im the guilty party for the zeroing, shooting at warcop the day before put the 6BR out 10MOA, i really should write down where my zero is on the turrets!!! :excl:

Lookin forward to the next one!

A for reative targets empty coke cans filled with water certainly make themselves know when hit, would need a fair number of them mind you!

I've got smaller targets in mind........ :o

hi guys ,

well site available if wanted date some where similar in early april best for me if anyone has any future comp dates would be good to avoid them so we can get as many as possible to attend.

from last year could run three layouts at same time if we had the bodies to act as range suppervisors and score benches as last year available so could have a 100 250ish and 400 yd course so at that all calibers should be able to enter expect prehaps 17 hmrs

graham.

hi guys ,

well site available if wanted date some where similar in early april best for me if anyone has any future comp dates would be good to avoid them so we can get as many as possible to attend.

from last year could run three layouts at same time if we had the bodies to act as range suppervisors and score benches as last year available so could have a 100 250ish and 400 yd course so at that all calibers should be able to enter expect prehaps 17 hmrs

graham.

Graham,

Your hospitality is very much appreciated, and i'm sure i can vouch for everyone that made it last year that we enjoyed it very much, and look forward to 2010............

Graham,

Your hospitality is very much appreciated, and i'm sure i can vouch for everyone that made it last year that we enjoyed it very much, and look forward to 2010............

I def second that Kip.. It was a great day and the weather was really kind to us. Graham did us proud with the benches etc. ( Still got my ear muffs Graham ? lol.. )

We'll definately need more RCO's for next year, at least one per distance with a stand in when the first RCO gets down to shoot.

Anyone know where we can borrow a few red range flags or does anyone have a partner who can make a few up for us ?

Last year we were caught on the hop by walkers on the hill. Methinks we should mark these paths to warn of incoming fire for the next shoot.

Nothing sweeter than plugging a tree hugging "I can walk anywhere i want" towney but the paperwork is such a pain... ;)

I def second that Kip.. It was a great day and the weather was really kind to us. Graham did us proud with the benches etc. ( Still got my ear muffs Graham ? lol.. )

We'll definately need more RCO's for next year, at least one per distance with a stand in when the first RCO gets down to shoot.

Anyone know where we can borrow a few red range flags or does anyone have a partner who can make a few up for us ?

Last year we were caught on the hop by walkers on the hill. Methinks we should mark these paths to warn of incoming fire for the next shoot.

Nothing sweeter than plugging a tree hugging "I can walk anywhere i want" towney but the paperwork is such a pain... :lol:

Leave it with me, :rolleyes::D

Archived