help with exball

Guest sako

Hi

I'm after a bit of help with exball. I've got a Swarovski 6-24x50 PVS which is 1/6th of a click, which equates to 6 clicks per inch.

Been on exbal on sight adjustment options and entered in elevation windage and target lead as 1/6. In the above window for elevation should I set it to MOA, or one of the others? I've tested the gun out to 300 yards without using the program and wrote how many clicks from 100, 200, 250 and 300, but can't get the exbal to correspond it to my clicks. When I go on the net on big game ballistic program it works out exactly to the clicks I've done.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

i found this on the uttings site about your scope "Specially designed for competition shooting: rectangular reticle adjustment area for extended elevation setting (1 click = 4.8mm @100m / 0.18 inches @100yds)" so i think you should set exbal to cphm"centremeters per hundred minutres"

Dont think Exbal is set for your scope ajustment.

My version ajusts 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th MOA

Not 1/6th

Dont think Exbal is set for your scope ajustment.

My version ajusts 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th MOA

Not 1/6th

ronin i think you should find it at the botoom of the options list as thats where i found the 1/6 , well on my version of exbal any way

Not on mine

I have PC and Palm versions bout 10 yrs old.

Thank you all for advice. I've got exbal on pc and mobile phone. In the elevation it's got the 1/6th click, but the nearest I could get to my own 'clicks' was in cphm. Thought I'd ask you folks as I was told by a few that it needed to be in moa - that's where I was having the trouble. When I had a play with the settings, I discovered that cphm was most compatible with my settings.

If 1 click on the scope is 0.18" at 100 yds, then 6 clicks equates to 1.08" @ 100yds, so not exactly 1" @ 100 yds, or 1 MOA @ 100 yds (1.047")

So using the 1/6 setting in MOA or IPHY in exbal wont give you an exact drop table.

Your best bet is to go to 'sight adjusment specifications', set the elevation, windage and lead to 'IPHY' (inckes per hundred yards), and then tick the 'custom' box underneath each and type in '0.18' in each box.

Then make sure you tick the 'show total clicks' before you click ok.

When you click 'calculate' on the main screen, this should the give you a drop table with the total clicks you need at each range.

Hope this is right an hope it helps,

Cheers,

Jinks.

Archived