20 FIREBALL ???

HAs Anyone got or have any info on a 20 Fireball????

looking at building something a bit different , its a toss between the 17AH and this.

Any help would be great

cheers Andy

What you are looking for is 20 Vartarg. Designed by Todd Kindler is looks to me an ideal cartridge for an ultralight walking fox rifle that flings the 32/33 grain bullets at around 3800fps. Just run 221 Fireball brass through the 20 Vartarg die and you are good to load. It was my second choice when I built teh 20BR, I opted for more weight and reach not that I have so far needed that extra reach.

For advice talk to Todd, he is a great guy, he also does good deals on dies etc that are a bit special.

http://gcloak.com/woodchkpdfs/download.php?id=202

That Mink range look interesting on his blog page, a real nice 150 yard crow buster.

Todds books on 20s and 17 are a collection of articals that have appeared in his alas now defunct Small Caliber News. Well worth the money though and if you ask he will sign them as well.

Be warned though his loads are normally very hot.

if you ask he will sign them as well.

Be warned though his loads are normally very hot.

Todd seems to sign all his books- if you can find an unsigned one, it'd probably be worth a fortune!

It's true that his data is quite warm. Also worthy of note is that his chronograph appears to be faulty- I don't know of anyone who can get near his published velocities for anything.

Todd seems to sign all his books- if you can find an unsigned one, it'd probably be worth a fortune!

It's true that his data is quite warm. Also worthy of note is that his chronograph appears to be faulty- I don't know of anyone who can get near his published velocities for anything.

I can get to his 20BR velocities yes but only with a far longer barrell and I have case web expansion and cratering. Best accuracy is some way below maximum speed.

None the less I learnt more about 20s in 15 munutes talking to him that I did in six months on the web.

A

Archived