.270 N160 load Wanted

Greenbear

Bullet Nosler CT Ballistic Silver Tip BulletWeight 130 grs Powder Vihtavuori N160 PowderWeight 56.5 grs Primer Hirtenberger Brass Make Winchester Barrel Length 22 (inches) C.O.L (inches) Velocity 2850 fps Group 0.5 (inches by 3 shot at 100 yds) Submitted Date 11/26/2006 9:15:00 PM Submitted By biggihunter Gun Info Savage 116 fcsak Comment About 1,5 grain below max Energy 2340 ft-lbs TKO 14.29 OGW 587 lbs IPSC PF 370.5

Hi GB.

More info.

After testing this batch at 100yds I moved the Swaro. scope over 3 clicks [4mm clicks].

Starting a new tub of powder sometimes has this minor problem but this powder is very good.

I do not have chrono velocities of this load but I try to load for small groups and not the highest velocity.

I have killed 5 species of Deer with it plus various furry and feathered creatures so there is no problem.

HWH.

Thanks Spud & Stag,

Stag your info is exactly what I am after a personal load, not a super hot 'this is the fastest round in the world' load but safe an accurate

I will be trying some out in a Browning A Bolt and wil let you know the results

many thanks to you both

GB

Thanks GB.

In `06 I had problems getting the 130gr Speer bullets and was at York Guns.

They had no Speer 130gr but did have a couple of scruffy boxes of Hornady 140gr BTSP Ref. No. 2735 which I bought at a very low price.

I was pleased to find they too shot very well with the 52gr Viht charge but printed one inch higher on the target. [no problem].

This bullet is still available but a curious thing has happened, the `cannelure` on the bullet is about a quarter of an inch differenty placed on the bullet now with recent stock.

They too are accurate and good killers with acceptable damage.

HWH.

Hi Stag

I am just setting the loading up for my .270, so will let you knwo how I get on, however it shot Partisan ammo very well this week in Scotland on the Roe.

I hope to greatly improve on accuracy with my own loads.

thanks again

GB

Archived