Unbelievable

baldie

All fac holders in south yorks got a belter of a letter yesterday, from firearms licensing.

The new sergeant has decided that, due to the number of thefts from homes, of firearms, WE should now; either store our guns with the local rfd when on holiday. :lol: OR LEAVE THE CABINET KEYS WITH A FRIEND ! He then says, but not the same one you leave the house keys with.

I,m just going to find the relevant part of the act, then a letter is going to his superior.

Unbelievable.

And what is leaving the keys with a friend going to prevent ?. Surelly they are safer in your pocket on holliday ?. Some forces really dont have a clue do they ?.

Ads

Especially as they and Leicestershire were the ones prosecuting people because a non FAC holder knew where the keys were ( mother in the Leics case) and all the forces were trying it on after that, when the local bobby went round at renewal time ( "now sir/madam where does he /she keep their cabinet keys?" ). I'm with Baldie on this, a stiff letter to his boss is called for, but it will go under the carpet as you know :lol:

Redfox

I cant believe this has actually been sent out Col.

The thing is, south yorks are one of the best firearms depts in the UK. The woman that leads it, is absolutely superb. She goes out of her way to attend rifle club meetings, and is genuinly pro-active in police-shooter cooperation. I will lay guinness to bricks, she had no idea this letter was to be sent out.

Several people in the shop said the same thing yesterday, in that this particular seargent was openly encouraging people to break the law.....and as they keep telling us...ignorance, is no defence.

...ignorance, is no defence.

you got that in one Dave. we would only have to have one mistake of this magnitude and we would be with out a licence for the rest of our lives.

Personally i believe we all make mistakes and sometimes we can not even see the obvious that is steering us right in the face.and i do feel the person should be made aware of the down falls of this new policy and then the incident forgotten.

well i would if they gave us any leeway. :lol:

ATB

Colin :D

I never new my neighbour had the same authority for exactly the same weapons I hold :D:lol:

Serious red faces there then and a spell on the naughty step for the Sgt......

Serious red faces there then and a spell on the naughty step for the Sgt......

As the Americans say, the Sgt should be demoted to Traffic for that mistake :lol::D:D

Guest martin

As was said originally..........unbelieveable!!!!! Unless it is a conspiracy to catch FAC holders out.........I do love a conspiracy.

Archived