call me paranoid................

One for the techys really!:-)

Fitted a cg trigger the other week & was wondering if the trigger groups should not be touching the inside of the stock at any point!

were the safty housing is stuck out its fairly tight against the stock so should i remove some more wood or just forget about ?

cheers Andy

Guest varmartin

More to come out yet buddy....there always is ....take out more than enough but not to much !

As Ian said...You dont want any contact at all....

Because of the irregular shape of the CG unit on the safety housing side

DSCN1466.jpg

you need to mill more on this side of the inlet than the other.

DSCN1472.jpg

Also there needs to be clearance for the forward allen screw in the stock.

DSCN1470.jpg

Plus dont forget the trigger guard, sometimes they need attention too

DSCN1469.jpg

Nothing should be in contact with the stock other than the action where it interfaces with the bedding.

Because of the irregular shape of the CG unit on the safety housing side

DSCN1466.jpg

you need to mill more on this side of the inlet than the other.

DSCN1472.jpg

Also there needs to be clearance for the forward allen screw in the stock.

DSCN1470.jpg

Plus dont forget the trigger guard, sometimes they need attention too

DSCN1469.jpg

Nothing should be in contact with the stock other than the action where it interfaces with the bedding.

great pics Andy mine is a bit snug for sure on the saftey side:-(

u say mill i say muller with a dremmel/file :lol:

Dont spose u know where i could geta more normall feeling blade as the fat curved one doest fell right!

cheers Andy

Ok

i opened up the inlet on the saftey catch side & a few other close areas so u could park a bike in there & went out to finaly test it!:-)

acuracy was no where near as good as normal!

norma is normaly a ragged hole if theres a slight wind blowing & it must have be at least half inch 3 shot groups!

thought it could have jsut been me due to new trigger & all that but closer inspection shows that the front of the main body of the trigger housing was , hard onto the floor plate & a crush fit(laid some thin tape in & re fitted stock & it was proper squashing it!!)

need to get the floor plate milled out a few mill more & re test!

did manage to have a go at re adjusting the unit tho & its now proper creap free altho im still not sold on the blade!

never strait forward is it!

Cheeers Andy

keep persistin at it mate, once its shootin you wont be looking back, those CG units are worth the money!

which blade have you got by the way?

Yeah its going to be a beaut once its sorted im sure:-)

ill be droping the botom metal of in the morning!

its a wide curved thing!

cheers Andy

The straight blade is a better option (IMHO), you could swap it if you asked Jacksons?

You need to mill so that the bottom metal is not touching any part of the trigger unit...probbly find that the bottom metal is touching the trigger arm blcok (the square post that moves when the trigger is pulled)

Haha, by wide curvy thing, i take for granted you mean the hunter trigger :wacko:

iv never tried the flat blade which ronin is talking about, my finger sits snugly into the cruved hunter blade, granded i changed the angle slightly. but its whatever your own opion is really.

Just lookin forward to gettin the 26" tube of firebreathing 243 Ackley fitted!!!! then try and detonate some fox's with it :D

the bore of the old factory barrel on it now looks more like a rought iron drainpipe (which i still got to shoot an inch group :wacko: ), but i only baugh it fot the action!

Guest varmartin

I have the `Hunter ` trigger also.....mmmmmmmm not sold on it iether ..as it is ...

I was thinking along the lines of an Anschütz blade.....but from where ?

got my bottom metal back now & i think im going to have tons of room now:-)

i may see if jacksons will send me a straight blade or if like martin says the annie blade could be worth a look if anyone know where u could buy one?

cheers Andy

EDIT

tried it on & with a bit of paint on the inside to see if it leaves a mark & its good to go!

just had to paint the bottom metal as it got a bit scratched about a bit :-(opps

ill let u know if it shots again if it ever stops raining:-(

Andy

Archived