New price rise for 87gr V-max.

menial 1

Was informed of the new price for 87gr V-max the other day, £31.60 per hundred. I know a fair few of the 6mm users favour this bullet so I'd suggest you buy whatever you can find at the old prices circa £24-26 before the old stocks run out. This would seem the biggest price hike yet, around £5 per 100.

Pete.

This is one of the reasons that I am doing less and less reloading, that is a great bullet but by the time that you've loaded the round and fannied around with inconsistant supplies of powder, primers etc you really might as well buy a factory round if you can find one that works for you. I used to do all of my park culling with 87grn V-Max, now I use Remmington 75grn Accutip factory rounds, I bought a thousand rounds last year for £850 and that should do just under two seasons. JC

Yup, with that and Vit' powder @ £72 a kilo and rising they'll not need to take our toys off us in a year or two we'll just get priced out of shootin' instead.......

Yeah right..... As Chuck said "From My Cold... Dead... Hands!!"

hi guys,

i think we are just getting the first effects of the amercian supplies being tight, are starting to hit us as was looking at the honady web site and they cant meet with demand and arent taking orders from private indiviuals in the states any more rather directing you to stockists to order your bullets that side of the pond . have being slowly stocking up for a while now as am lucky that my brother has a right to borrow on my rifles so hes into reloading as far as paper work goes and half the powder i have is his but he only uses his rimfire once in ablue moon.

i some how think that things may get more expensive and that actions and aftermarket bits may become harder or even prohibitively expensive to source from over the pond in the future,i think it could be wise to buy while we can if you can afford to for the short term or else we got to start looking for supplies near home some one already said our barrel makers might benifit ,some one with the knowledge and skill to make actions might enjoy similar prospherty yet.

just my take on the way things look but i hope i am wrong.

graham.

My local gun shop has been charging £32 / 100 for 87gr v max for about a year now, Think yourself lucky. When i spoke wit him last he reckoned he didnt have any problems sourcing hornady bullets.

MHO is that the price rise has nothing to do with shortages. They will just let you go on thinking this and they are taking the chance to hike prices. No point moning about, if you are dedicated to your shooting you will pay what ever they charge so pay it and enjoy your shooting.

Ads :rolleyes:

My local gun shop has been charging £32 / 100 for 87gr v max for about a year now, Think yourself lucky.

Ads :rolleyes:

Jings, criivvens, wheeesht Ads, ye'll gie the dealers doon here ideas ye ken. The sassenach loons'll hae a skivvy at thae pricees. :wub:

Pete.

Archived