WHAT A CRAP DAY I'VE HAD SO FAR

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I received a letter this morning from the bank telling me I was £980.00 over drawn. Knowing that this wasn't correct I went to the bank to speak with them, what happened next has shocked the hell out of me. Someone has been using my card details and bought a few items off the interenet to the tune of £1900.00. I felt, and still do feel, physically sick!!

I am well ######' pissed off I can tell you.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sprags

Sprags contact bank immediately!

Ask the bank for an urgent meeting to discuss fraudulent use of your account.

Wifes handbag got stolen out of the boot and the same happened to me. Funny part was at the police station they wouldn't lend me any money when I explained we needed fuel to get home 150 miles. :mellow:

I then mentioned we needed money for other items in the handbag, tampax :rolleyes: and a few were reluctantly given :huh:

It took a while but you get the money back.

Guest Sprags

Thanks Eldon,

I have been to the bank, the card has been cancelled and tagged as "Fraud" to raise the alarm if anyone else tries to use it. The bank charges of £15 for an Unplanned Overdraft and £20 a day charge to use it have been wiped from my account. I am getting a form through the post to fill in to declare the fraudulent purchases, and then I may get my money back.

I am not a happy chappy!!

Could be worse, my daughter lent one of her tenants some cash one night, she had to go the machine to get it.

Some weeks later she noticed withdrawals from her account that she did not think were hers so she started keeping records. Turns out the tenant had had a spare key made up to her room, broken into her room, taken her card, withdrawn cash as he had seen the pin then put the card back !!. She has lost well over £1000 with no way of getting it back. Seems he did the same thing to his girlfriend and it is now subject to a criminal charge but that does not get the cash back. Just to make matters worse we had to kick him out through the courts as he had never paid a penny in rent, phone costs etc either. We are probably 3k down on the job and while we have judgements against him for the rent etc at present he has no assets to seize.

A

Hi gentlemen ,

Sorry to hear about whats happened in all accounts!!!!

Makes you wonder how these scrotes get away with it!!! :rolleyes:

Hope it gets all sorted.................

All the best..............

RAY..........................

can we get a possy on the go, and go look for them . the deciduous trees

Had this happen a few months ago,noticed on my statement £30 for a pay as you go mobile top up from a shop a couple of hundred miles away(i dont have a pay as you go).Apparently they start by topping up a mobile on occassion to see if you notice for small amounts before one day going in for the big spend.Good look to them if they tried to spend a large sum from my account they maybe would have been able to buy a packet of sweets lol.

Sorry to here about it. The bank should sort it out and you should get your money back soon.

Had a similar thing a few years ago when somone spent £600 in Amazon on my card, they'll soon prove its fraudulent and you will get a refund.

Sadly this seems to be getting more common.

I agree it makes you feel sick to the core and quite vunerable.

Take care.

Dave

I had my bank card cloned, the bank canceled it, unfortunately they didn't tell me until I phoned up and asked them why my card no longer worked. Luckilly no money was taken. Apparently I had my details stolen from my card whilst paying for petrol and the police knew about the bloke doing it for 3 months before they told all the banks of the cloned cards. I have had barclaycard phone me up on several occasions though to check some of the transactions on my statement aren't fraudulant.

Had some ###### clone my phone and ran up £800 in 4months, if I hadnt checked my bank account I would still be paying out now. :lol::lol:

And what do they get if they get caught, a slap on the wrist and dont be a naughty boy again,

I know what I'd do with their wrists ;)

Hope its all sorted mate, it would be a bugger if they had bought a brand new scope with the money ;):lol:

Alcydon,

Your story reminded me of another past sore point.

At the time I had a lodger of 18 months. Sold a motorbike just before going on holiday and didn't want all the money with me so said to the wife I will put £300 in the gun cabinet.

Obviously he wasn't watching the tv as much as he was listening to me and overheard all this. Gathered the keys were upstairs somewhere with 2 weeks to look for them.

Came home and the cabinet was locked. Wondered what was going on as nobody had been there for a while ??? :lol:

Opened the cabinet and all present fortunately, but no cash. :lol:

The bar steward had done a bunk and I was left wondering what to do and say ?

Contacted the police although wasn't sure this was a good idea at the time and it turns out he was suffering from paranoid psychosis... ooh yer and I had just funded his trip to Belguim.

In court he had to pay me £5 a month what a con. A special trip to the bank to cash a £5 cheque.

Think I got about £120 back before it stopped and wasn't worth persuing.

Guest Sprags

I have had 75% of the money back, just got the nod today that the other 25% will be returned to my account in the next few days!! :rolleyes:

I have had 75% of the money back, just got the nod today that the other 25% will be returned to my account in the next few days!! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are sorted mate!

Tony

thats a big releif for you mate , hope you get the remainder asap

Archived